\/

(Mrs. Figg won't be apart of The Order of The Phoenix in this story.)

Mrs. Figg wasn't surprised when she heard about Harry's thirst for knowledge about magic, she was more shocked that Petunia was willing to help Harry. She knew how much the Dursleys hated anything magic related, and yet she was willing to let Harry explore the world of magic. Harry of course didn't know much about the wizarding world, but when he heard that his babysitter knew about magic, he was ecstatic. He bounced around Mrs. Figg and bombarded her with questions until she had to literally close Harry's lips.

Harry didn't mind.

Petunia decided she would let Mrs. Figg talk to Harry alone and she would come back to pick Harry up after a couple hours.

Mrs. Figg sat Harry down and began to explain what magic really is and why it's kept hidden away from the rest of the world. She would answer Harry's questions to the best of her ability and then proceed to tell him about some interesting facts she knew about. She may be a squib but that didn't stop her from researching and observing the wizarding world. She knew all about Diagon Alley, The Leaky Cauldron, Hogwarts, the Dark Lord and so much more. She simply chose to live her life disguised as a muggle since she was getting old. Not an ounce of her memory about magic had flown away from her during this time.

Now it was Harry's time to learn about things like wizarding customs and traditions, things that should've been taught to him from his parents that decided to abandon him instead.

Mrs. Figg decided that just simply telling Harry about the wizarding world wasn't enough and took it upon herself to make plans to take Harry to Diagon Alley.

And so Harry went home with sparkling eyes, knowing full well he would get to see magic head on and not just the type of magic where people would do card tricks or pull a bunny out of their hat. This was the type of magic that was destined for him to participate in. It was something that many others among the world weren't gifted with, something that you cannot just learn from books.

The Dursley's were welcome to join them but their hate for magic didn't perish, it only decreased slightly because Harry loved it so much. They politely declined the offer and insisted that only Harry should go. After all, they wanted nothing to do with magic in the first place, they only made an exception for Harry because the boy made a small little home in their hearts. It may not be big but it made all the difference to their relationship with the boy.

The next morning came and at 8 AM sharp, they headed out for Diagon Alley. Mrs. Figg had already told Harry that muggles can't see the Leaky Cauldron nor Diagon Alley. Although she was a squib, she was still able to see and pass through the Leaky Cauldron since her magical core was strong enough. Her magical core was weak compared to others but the Leaky Cauldron could sense it nonetheless.

Harry was confused as to where they were going, he knew Mrs. Figg was taking him to Diagon Alley but so far he was being led into a pub and out to a courtyard. They came to abrupt stop in front of a wall when Mrs. Figg started counting and tapping the wall. After some mumbling and a bit of waiting, it was like an etheral scene right out of a movie!

Wizards and witches were talking amongst themselves, all either holding wands or casting spells or visiting unordinary shops! There was a store that was selling mystical animals, strange looking candy that sometimes moved too! It was a sight to behold and treasure, this moment was already ingrained into Harry's mind.

Mrs. Figg had already told Harry about how the wizarding world uses a different type of currency and where to get it. She had also explained to Harry most of what she knows, allowing him to borrow and keep some of her books about magic. Being a squib never put Mrs. Figg down, she simply resorted to laying low and gaining knowledge by herself. This knowledge proved to be helpful seeing as the little boy's eyes beside her started sparkling.

Hand in hand, they stepped into Diagon Alley together, Mrs. Figg guiding Harry while he looked around with wide eyes. They came to a stop and Harry had to blink twice to believe what he was seeing.

Goblins.

They wore nice clothing and spoke with a strict and stern voice, he realized that this was the bank called Gringotts that Mrs. Figg had talked about. The goblins were the ones who moniter the bank and help wizards and witches alike do more than just get money.

They went inside and it all happened in a blur, Mrs. Figg talked to a goblin and soon enough, they were led to a high speed cart ride to what they called a 'vault'. Inside Mrs. Figg's vault were an assortment of different coin like things, some were big while others were small. She grabbed a handful and shoved it in her pocket, doing the same for her other pocket. After stuffing both her pockets, they went back to the goblin that led them to her vault. When they left Gringotts, Mrs. Figg took him to a more isolated area. It wasn't deserted but it was just more or less a corner that people wouldn't go to since nothing is there.

Once they settled down there, Mrs. Figg started explaining what each little coin was worth and what they're called. He was able to memorize each of their names and worth fairly quickly, they moved onto the subject of goblins next. She explained all there is to know about them, especially being polite. She went into a great emphasis about having manners and being respectful towards goblins for they are intelligent creatures. After a couple more minutes of explaining basic things like what the vault is or what the goblins can manage for you, they gradually started walking again.

Mrs. Figg knew what she was doing because she had been here before, her magical guardian brought her here plenty of times. Once she was older, she gradually started to go by herself. It had been quite a long time since she had last been to Diagon Alley, but her memory was still fresh for this is one of the places she dearly loved. After walking for a short while, they entered a place called 'Flourish and Blotts'. Rows upon rows of books were there, some looked ancient and held an air of mystery while others looked new and fresh. Upon entering, a worker asked if they needed help finding anything and Mrs. Figg kindly declined.

Harry looked at all the books that surrounded them, he was taking little notes in his head about everything he sees.

Mrs. Figg guided Harry to a section somewhere in the middle of the book store. She passed by different types of books until she made a small clicking noise with her mouth.

There was about five different books in her hand, all different sizes, colors, and shapes, some of them even had a certain smell to them.

Once Mrs. Figg paid for the books and explained to Harry that the store does owl delivery, they went back out to some other nearby stores.

The main reason Mrs. Figg brought Harry here was so that he could get a feel of what magic looks like, she wanted him to get a bit more familiar with it. In order to do so, she brought more books and allowed him to buy a couple magical snacks. They strolled around, enjoying themselves as they observed everything their eyes could catch sight on.

Mrs. Figg had taught Harry quite a lot as they walked from store to store. The two were like grandmother and grandchild walking side by side, hand in hand. It was quite a wholesome sight if it weren't for the fact that they were talking about different types of curses and hexes. Neither of them knew how or when the topic was brought up, but it was interesting so they continued speaking about the subject.

Mrs. Figg saw Harry's yawn and checked the time. Sure enough, it was 4:00 which meant it was time to go back.

Harry was quite reluctant to leave, looking back at all the stores they passed as they made their way towards the exit. Mrs. Figg had promised to Petunia that she would get Harry back home by five for dinner. They quickly left Diagon Alley and exited through the Leaky Cauldron as well. Harry has never had so much fun and felt on top of the world, he was already looking at the books Mrs. Figg had bought for him with pure love. He missed all the funky shops and the strange sights he was able to witness even though he was there just a minute ago.

Just as they left, another family entered Diagon Alley to do some shopping. This family longed for the missing part of their family to join them again even though they were the ones to abandon that family member. They were planning on buying a new cloak for the child they kept, and it was a bit of a meloncholic scene. If only they had known that the little boy they grew to miss was walking the opposite direction...

But they didn't know. They didn't turn back either.

Maybe things would've turned out differently. But obviously, that was not the case here.