X|

The students were in awe of Hogwarts beauty as they passed by different corridors and classrooms. Occasionally seeing a ghost or a even a moving portrait. Harry was following his prefects and taking everything in at the same time. In one day he was able to go to Hogwarts, see his biological parents along with his twin brother, make a friend that wasn't a muggle, and try treacle tart for the first time. The treacle tart was probably the best part out of everything that has happened so far. It made Harry's head spin but he tried his best not to worry about it for the time being.

After some walking, they came to a stop in front of the Ravenclaw dorms. The head of house came rushing over and introduced himself as Professor Flitwick, the charms professor. From there on he explained some ground rules, house points, and how things work around here. Schedules would be handed out tomorrow at the Great Hall during breakfest, everyone made sure to note that down in their heads. When Professor Flitwick stopped talking, the prefects took over.

"In order to enter the room, you must answer a riddle asked by the eagle knocker, get it wrong and you'll have to wait for someone else to arrive and get the riddle right."

With that being said, one of the prefects knocked with the eagle knocker and in less than a second, the knocker started speaking.

"Tear off one and scratch its head, what was red's now black instead."

It only took a couple of short seconds for all the students to figure out the answer, Harry was able to decipher the riddle pretty fast as well.

One of the prefects answered loud and clearly so everyone could hear, "a matchstick".

The doors swung open and they were led into the Ravenclaw common rooms, it was quite a surreal sight. The Ravenclaw banners were hung up next to shelves full of books. Comfy couches were scattered in different places and the ceiling...The ceiling was absolutely stunning. The ceiling was covered in bright stars, it was as if they were under a telescope. Royal blue rugs were under study tables with chandeliers hanging dimly above them to help students focus. Overall it looked like a perfect serene area with no disruptions.

The prefects allowed the students to explore and observe for a bit before guiding them towards their dorms. Each student picked which dorm they would like, Harry ended up picking one a bit near the end of the hallway since it was closer to the restrooms. Once everyone picked out which dorm they wanted, the prefects checked the students one by one to see if they were all safely in their dorms. They then left the students to unpack and do whatever they wanted, but not before reminding everyone of the curfew and lights out at 10:00.

Harry was left alone to unpack and rest for the remainder of the day, when he checked the time it was already 7:45 PM. With a sigh escaping his lips, he began to unpack his belongings. There was already a wardrobe, a bed, and a nightstand in the room. He neatly put his clothes away and decorated the room more to his preference, by the time he finished, it was already around 8 PM.

Deciding on reviewing some learning material for the rest of his time, he got comfy on his bed and started reading. Before he knew it, it was already 10 PM and the prefects made sure everyone was tucked in before lights were out. Harry laid in bed with no idea what to do. Should he try and get closer to his family or should he give them the cold shoulder? Should he really even be calling them his family after they decided to leave him in the hands of the Dursley's? He was confused and wanted to be back in Dianne's loving arms, his emotions were all over the place at the moment. Brooding about the situation wouldn't do any good so he decided to get some sleep, tomorrow would be a busy day after all.

The next morning, Harry woke up at 6:45 AM which gave him enough time to get ready since breakfest didn't start until 7:30. He didn't get up right away though, he actually got out of bed at 6:50 because right when his alarm woke him up, he sat there and started rethinking all his life choices for a solid 5 minutes. After convincing himself to be productive, he washed up, got dressed, and left his dorm so he could lounge around in the common room for a bit. Sitting down on one of the many navy colored couches, he pulled out his wand and played with it in his hands. It was weird, but a good type of weird.