five

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

     The Five children rode down the streets of Derry. On this fine day, the sun was shining down on the them. Their bikes reflecting the sun into their eyes, that was part of the fun not being able to see. Being a child on Derry, being a child in the 80s there was always a sense that nothing bad could ever happen to them. That they were almost untouchable, so who cared if they couldn't see where they were riding and they crashed, nothing will happen. But, to these children they see the surface of it all, once they see what's deep in the depths of the town, that's when find out nothing is as safe as it seems.

     Arriving into the main town Bill was riding in the front, followed by Richie, Hannah and Eddie and right in the back was Stan. Gliding through the streets like it was nothing, passing by houses and people, not obeying the laws of the road, but there were no cars to be seen.

     "Hi-Ho, Sliver! Away!" Bill yells from the top of his lungs as the children pass the library, they looks from the old women entering the building, probably thinking 'what a rude bunch' and 'do they have any manners' and also 'Look, it's that dyke, wouldn't mind if she went missing'.

     "Your old lady bike's too fast for us!" Richie yells to Bill as he flies ahead of the group.

     "Rich, fucking peddle like you've never peddled before" Hannah yells to her best friend as they both start to peddle like their lives depended on it trying to catch up to big Bill.

     But, it was no use, it was like Bill's bike was the fastest bike alive, it could almost out run the devil, and Richie's and Hannah's efforts were wasted by the time they had got to the sewer drain.

     "Fucking hell Bill" Hannah states as she tries to catch her breath, standing next to her bike "Do you want my piece of shit?" Hannah smirks at the boy, Bill just rolls his eyes.

    "Red, Bill's bike may be a grandma bike, but yours has died and has come back from the grave" Richie smiles at her, which earns a slap on his shoulder from the girl. Hannah's bike was a piece of junk to say the least, her uncle would never in a million years buy the girl a Bike, so after months of searching around she found one, laying in the tall grass in the junkyard. It was a yellow old bike, the paint was falling off, the handle bar could barely turn because of the rust, but with some help from the boys they were able to fix the piece of trash and get it to somewhat work. The bike suited what Hannah needed, a way to get around.

     Eddie and Stan finally caught up to the group as they both tossed their bikes to the ground.

     "Did you really have to ride so far ahead, you know if I went that fast, I could fall and break a bone, and my mom would end me" Eddie complained as he looked around the green area. They had stopped next to the sewer drain, but it was surrounded in shrubbery and was portions next to a creek. Bill, Richie and Hannah were starting to make their way towards the sewer and were already starting to smell and putrid, rotting that is sewer water.