32.

hi. no i didn't give up on the book, i'm just busy. xo
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The faint beeping became louder but the room was still dark. She felt her breathing coming back to normal and as she struggled to open her eyes she could hear a female news reporter saying things on the tv.

"We've just learned that 23 year old upcoming rapper, 'Bandhunta Izzy' other know as Israel Davidson was arrested early yesterday morning on charges of aggravated assault of a 25 year old woman whose name has been withheld for privacy reasons." The news anchor spoke. "He was said to have been strangling the 25 year old when her roommate and her boyfriend arrived when her friend attacked Davidson in hopes to help her."

Sevyn's eyes fluttered open, the room blurry but she could tell she was in a hospital room. She looked around for a moment examining the room before looking down at her arm seeing wires and things attached to her. "What?" she spoke confused and dryly. "Where's Amir? Where's my son?!" She panicked trying to get up and wander the halls but she quickly realizes that was too quick of a decision. Her head began spinning, she felt short of breath, and a pain shot to her ankle, she had to sit back down and get herself together again. She found the call button for a nurse and almost instantly in walked a nurse and doctor.

"Miss Madena, how are we feeling?" The doctor asked as he walked in.

She stared at him confused trying to understand why he make this sound so casual. "Where's my son?? How long was I out? When can I leave?" she spat rapid fire questions.

The nurse chuckled a bit. "That's definitely the first time I've heard someone ask when they can leave right after waking up."

Sevyn raised her eyebrow at the nurse. "You're not funny."

"Well Miss Madena, you were attacked, strangled and then knocked unconscious upon impact of the ground. You can leave soon after we finish running some tests now that you're awake to make sure there's no significant injuries other than your wrist scrapes and ankle sprain."

"Okay but my child??"

He chuckled. "He's safe. No need to worry."

"Who is he with?"

"I'm not sure but there is a detective here who could possibly tell you that information." He reassured. "Nurse, please lead the detective in."

The nurse went out of the room and retrieved the detective. Sevyn figured it was for questioning since she was finally awake but that was the last thing on her mind. She just wanted to know where her son was and who he was with. She could handle everything else after that was cleared up. Laying there taking deep breaths with her eyes closed she waited to hear them re-enter the room to get her questions answered. The doctor checked some things, read some charts and then the detective came in and the doctor and nurse left the room. "Hello Ms. Madena I'm detective Ellis with Tempe police department, how are you feeling?"

"No." She responded opening her eyes to see a tall darkskin man who looked to be in his early thirties.

"No?" He was confused. "Ma'am–"

She cleared her throat. "Where's my son? Who is he with? I'm not answering anything until I know where my child is."

"Oh, I understand. He's in the care of your roommate Jazmynn Badie until you are discharged." He reassured her lifting all the weight off her shoulders.

"Thank you. Now you can ask me questions." She said sitting up and crossing her hands on her lap.

The detective nodded then cleared his throat. "Right. Uh, firstly what do you recall happening before you were knocked unconscious?"

Sevyn couldn't help it but she rolled her eyes hard. Just rethinking about the night and how everything happened made her angry but not at anyone but herself. "Izzy showed up on my doorstep saying he wanted to apologize for how we ended things, I stepped outside to tell him to leave because I didn't want my son to see him or hear anything he may have had to say to me also because I knew if Jazmynn saw him she'd ripped his face off. I confronted him about raping me a few months back and h–"

"Pardon, you said you were raped? By him? When did this take place?" He was shocked. Turns out there was way more to the case than he thought.

"Yes... It was a few months ago, I really can't remember what month it was at the moment." She furrowed her brows.

The detective nodded and put his hand out to her. "Oh, don't worry about it. We're going to investigate further once you've rested and recovered a bit. I know a lot has happened for you in the past 16 hours. No need to try and rush the process." He smiled at her with pearly white teeth and the perfect bite.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that." She smiled back.

Suddenly, the door opened and in cane Gabe, Jazmynn and Ski. Gabe rushed to Sevyn's side and touch her hand. "How are you feeling my love?"

"My love? That's new... I feel fine I guess." Sevyn answered. "Where's my baby?"

Jazmynn paused in her tracks and her eyes went wide. "Ah shit I forgot him in the–" She said as she turned around and started to back track.

Sevyn sat up and looked at everyone in disbelief. "The fuck you mea–"

"Bitch hush, you know I'm not gonna forget my lil best friend. Your mom took him for some ice cream." Jazmynn laughed.

The detective chuckled. "Well, here's my contact. Please reach out if you remember more details. Have a nice day Miss Madena." He said handing her a card that had his information on it then leaving the room.

Jazmynn watched as he walked out then looked at Ski then back at Sevyn. There was a bit of silence before she broke it by quietly speaking. "That was a fine ass man though.."

"Deadass?" Ski sais in disbelief of what he heard.

"Honestly though... He had nice teeth." Sevyn said lowly back to Jazmynn.

Gabe was offended. "See I know you be flirting... But the feds??"