(21) Some Answers

Your POV

Your face burned bright red and your heart dropped as you looked down at Chanyeol standing there, in all his bubble covered glory. "What are you doing out of the shower?! You're getting all the floor wet!" Namjoon snapped you out of your shock, his face probably just as red as yours. He held Chanyeol up in the air and his eyes found yours.

"I'll- how about I help him take a bath and you finish the dishes?" You walked up to Namjoon, reaching for his son who simply smiled at you with great excitement, his arms out so you could grab him. "Ok?"

Namjoon nodded and scratched the back of his neck while Chanyeol smiled, rubbing his face against your neck. "Yeah, I'll make some warm milk for Chanyeol since he'll probably take a nap after falling taking a bath." Ah. You nodded and turned to walk to the bathroom, careful not to fall with Chanyeol on your arms.

"Y/N. Y/N." Chanyeol was put on the tub and you turned to close the door behind you. "Y/N!" He called once again before you looked around for the bubble bottle.

How do you explain to him something you can't even explain to yourself? "Yes Chanyeol?"

The water was lukewarm and you sat down on the stool beside the tub. Chanyeol splashed the water while you added more of the pink liquid into the tub, causing the many bubbles to form. "Arr you and dadwy in wuv?" He looked up innocently when you tensed up and you didn't know what to answer.

"No Chanyeol- it's not like that."

"But you kissu kissu with him," he argued and the bubkes started to reach up to his neck. "You do the kissu kissu with somewun yuu wuv..." He pouted at his words and cuteness just left a small grin on your face.

You reached for the shampoo bottle and poured a small amount on top of his head. "Yes you do..." your hands ran carefully through his soft head and he closed his eyes out of habit. "Your papa and I... have things to figure out..." you rinsed the shampoo and he gasped.

Chanyeol's hand reached for yours and pulled it closer. "Are you going to be my mommy?"

You frowned and tilted your head to the side. "Chanyeol you already have a mama. I'll never replace her, ok?" You played with his palm and took a deep breath.

Chanyeol pouted and looked down. "Y/N..." You hummed and ran a hand through his clean hair. "Do you know what my mommy looks like?" You froze.

...

Chanyeol's mom? What does she look like? Has he never seen her? Is she dead? In prison?

You slowly carefully dressed Chanyeol, your thoughts full when trying to figure stuff out. Sure, all the pictures around the house didn't have any pictures of Chanyeol or Namjoon with any women- other than who presumed was Namjoon's mother.

"Y/N? You ok?" Namjoon snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Y/N, Wu okway?" Chanyeol echoed, his hands on both your cheeks with a concerned look, his hair sticking up due to the frizziness caused by the towel. "Awe wu sick? Wu need sleep?"

Your hands rested on top of his small ones and you closed your eyes, leaning into the small one's touch. "I'm great Chanyeol, should we get you some warm milk?"

You stood up and looked at Namjoon. You didn't burn the kitchen warming up milk, did you?" He laughed and rolled his eyes in a joking manner. "No, but seriously."

Namjoon lifted a bottle up from the counter from where he put it down and he swiftly handed it to you. "It's ok, right?" Chanyeol wasn't a baby anymore so you didn't have to be as careful for whatever you served him.

"Yeah, it's not that bad," you spoke and felt Chanyeol wrap his arms around your left leg. He pouted and looked up at you. "Huh??" You ran your hand through the back of his soft hair and behind his ear. "What is it?"

He tried climbing on you and you didn't try to help him but didn't push him away. "Y/N~ Chanweol wann' uppiesss" he spoke and yo took a sharp exhale, crouching to hold him up and giving him his sippy cup.

"Y/N." Namjoon's voice suddenly scared you but you made it seem like you weren't at all affected. "Can we uh... can we tal-"

A loud gasp slipped past Chanyeol's lips, interrupting whatever Namjoon was gonna say. You DID get the gist of it but if he never said it fully, should you pay your mind to it?

Of course you should. Not like you had much of an option.

Chanyeol tried crawling all over your shoulders, clinging tightly to you. It was normal of him after he took a bath and ate breakfast so you weren't at all surprised. "Yes, yes, Chanyeol. How about we get you to bed?" You rubbed his back gently and rocked him from side to side. "Namjoon," you called out to him, almost naturally as your hand reached for the hem of his shirt. "As soon as he falls asleep... ok?"

"Alright, yeah- that sounds great- yes." He spun around in his heel and made his way to his office. What did HE want to talk about?

...

You were scared. Terrified. Maybe you're about to get fired. You haven't been here for that long but yet again, you DID make out with him on the couch; definitely not something normal people do with their bosses.

So here you were, standing outside of Namjoon's office. Pacing back and forth deciding what your fate will be. There's clearly no hope for you... yet again, it could just be about how you keep giving Chanyeol cookies because you really can't say no to him.

"Y/N."

"Jesus holy crackers!!!" You jumped back and almost tripped on a conveniently placed squeaky toy Chanyeol had left laying around. You slipped falling back but Namjoon's hand reached for your hand to keep you up. His other hand wrapping around your waist and you found your face really close to his. Straight out of a drama.

Namjoon chuckled and still didn't move an inch. "I'm getting a big sense of deja vu. I thought you were over your falling habits Y/N," he teased you and he placed a kiss on your face.

Your face brightened up in a bright red shade and you covered your face. Embarrassment washed over you and once you stood up straight, you stomped your foot. Slightly jumping at the same time. "You caught me off guard, that's not fair." You pouted and looked up at Namjoon who was smiling down at you.

"Yeah?" He smiled and the hand that rested down on your waist pulled you closer. "I could definitely get used to that." He teased once again and blew into your ear.

Your face went a bright shade of red once again. "Stoooop~" you whined and your hand found his small ones so he could stop pulling you closer. "It's not funny." You squeezed his big hand and he shook his head slightly.

"Come here," he pulled you into the office, leaving the door open behind you probably just so you two could hear Chanyeol just in case. His office seemed to reflect his personality. It had many work-related things and you were just amazed. After you had your fun of looking around with great detail, Namjoon put you down on the couch and sat on the single chair in front of you.

You both stared at one another. Not saying any other words. You tilted your head and frowned. "I don't like this... It reminds me of my first time here..." You played with your fingers, feeling the warmth that once engulfed your hand slowly fade away.

Namjoon chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah... if I think about it, it always felt like this huh?" You tilted your head and he had the softest smile on his face. "I think I've always been fascinated by you, Y/F/N."

"Huh?" Your face slightly warmed up once again and he shook his head. "What does that mean?!" Your hands settled down on your lap and now, you tried to get information out of him. "Oppa~" You whined and he shook his head.

"Y/N." His tone was slightly serious no, he rested his head on his hand that rested on the chair's armrest. "I think I've kept you confused for long enough, how about I give you some answers to the many questions you've been wondering."