𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭

———✰———

"God almighty, I don't know what the world's coming to. Bloody perverts." Granda Joe commented as the family plus Michelle, James and Clare watched Take that's Pray music video on the tv.

"You're overreacting, da." Mary told her father as the four girls on the sofa danced along to the video, but Joe just frowned more and said "Overreacting? That lads got no trousers on, for Christ sake."

"He has a great set of pins on him, doesn't he?" Sarah said from near the window with a towel on her head and body as she and Orla tried to try her fake tan.

"For God's sake will you close that window, we're foundered here." Mary told her sister who didn't close the window but instead said "I need airing, Mary. I've five layers on me." Much to the shock of her sister who picked up the bottle of fake tan and remarked "Five layers? What are you trying to do? Change race?"

"Give us a going over with the hairdryer, will you?" Sarah tried to convince her sister who looked at her shocked before she replied "Indeed I will not. I've got enough to be at."

"Why do they keep touching themselves?" Joe asked the teenagers on the sofa.

"Because they're artists, Granda." Erin answered but the man only frowned and said: "Dirty English bastards is what they are." Before he turned to James and added "no offence son." Before he turned the tv over.  The boy looked from the tv to the man, to Alana who was sitting between him and Erin, with wide eyes which made said girl pat him gently on the shoulder unsure of how to reassure the boy.

The news reporter on the tv started talking about John Hume which made Sarah comment "John's really dying for peace, like, isn't he? It's all he ever goes on about. I hope it works out for him."

"Aye, I sort of hope it works out for all of us, Sarah," Mary told her sister with a slight tone of shock in her voice.

"Come on, girls, time to hit the road here." Gerry announced before he spoke to James and asked, "You've been roped into going too then son?" which made Michelle snort slightly before she told the older man "Roped in? Hardly. He's riding Gary Barlow"

"I am not!" James protested "I just respect him as a songwriter, that's all"

"Aye, dead on, James, so you do." Michelle scoffed unbelievingly which made James turn to Alana before he stated: "I just respect him as a songwriter" to which the girl responded with a soft nod and a playful "I know you do and if it's and if it's any consolation I'd ride Gary Barlow too" which made the boy gape at her before she started giggling which made him pinch her sides in revenge only for her to squirm and laugh more.

"Will we need our passports, Gerry?" Orla asked making the man kindly tell his niece "For Belfast? I don't think so, love." Which caused an uproar from Joe who exclaimed "Belfast!?"