xxviii

*-_☆ 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊.

𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞. It was cool, almost soothing againa her skin.

In a breeze of silence the woman found herself combating against sleep. She felt worn out, tired. The word 'rested' had dissipated from her vocabulary.

But this, she shifted, laying her face flat against the stone, this felt calming. Though only in the most numbing state where her body felt like plastic, unmoving and unfeeling as if time could turn forever and she could stay that way uncaring.

Reluctantly Florence shifted, pulling from the stone to sit up. Her eyes found themselves caught on the carved names, searching for the ones she knew. Subconsciously her fingers lit a cigarette, but the kunoichi made no move to smoke it, instead she found her hazy gaze shift to the slow burning stick. Small pieces of ask falling to her hand.

Sakura was probably waiting for her at the hospital, not to mention the shift of paperwork she had skipped. Slowly the light haired woman twisted the cigarette to the sole of her shoe, dropping it dead.

Florence's head tilted back, her eyes closing and mouth parting ever so slightly. Burning hues of orange danced behind her lids. Just one more moment, then she would get up, just a moment of peace.

Then, with an exasperated sigh the woman stood and walked away towards town without sparing a glance back.

"Hello sensei" Sakura's smile slightly faltered as she caught sight of Florence, the woman looked worse for wear.

A lazy (kakashi like) wave was sent towards the pinkette flowed by a quiet "yo".

"Are you okay? We can meet some other time" Sakura tilted her head, standing from her chair, she didn't want to be a bother.

Florence let out an airy sigh, sitting back into her chair. A hand rested against her forehead, pushing back into her hair.

Teaching Sakura was good, working was good, busy was good. These things kept from being alone and even if she wanted to be alone, the woman felt herself spiraling and solitude wouldn't help.

Her answer was confirmed, yet still as she opened her mouth the opposite slipped through. "I'm sorry, Sakura, I'm just tired. Meet me tomorrow the same time as a make up". A fake smile slinked onto the medics lips.

"Sure, rest well sensei" the pinkette slipped from the room slightly worried, Florence seemed off. Though, she caught sight of a certain Uchiha walking down the street and all other thoughts melted away besides love.

K

akashi kicked a pebble as he strolled along the street, his usual book perched between his fingers. The day to him had died quickly, most of it spent in rare solitude.

His team gearing up for the Chunin exams tomorrow and Florence busy with Sakura left him alone. Though  he didn't mind a little time alone, infact it was quite nice.

Still as the day faded to night Florence continued to grow in his head. Kakashi missed her scent, her eyes, her laugh- he missed her. Almost subconsciously the jounin found himself on the way to the hospital in search of his lover.

"Florence" he whispered, knuckles knocking on her office door. Kakashi waited a brief second before entering, his eyes immediately catching on her sleeping form.

A soft chuckle left his lips as he walked over, a hand drawing circles on her back. The light of the blinds painting them in silver streaks.

Slowly Kakashi lent down, pulling her body from the desk and over his back.

The moonlit streets were empty as the jounin carried her home, silver star halos crowning them. The soft wave of darkened blue which bled across the sky reminded of the night they had first met.

This darkness had become their home.

×

I'm at uni, and I've been here for an hour and I still have an hour until class so it's time to write!

Hope you've enjoyed the chapter, sorry for mistakes! See you all soon♡