~Chapter 5 ~ Unhinging the Myth

"Force wife?" Ben playfully nuzzled Rey, several hours later, in the midst of the chaotic jumble of soft skin and bedding. "Yes dyad husband?" Rey responded cheekily, giving him butterfly kisses. "You need to eat something Rey," Ben insisted, smiling as he extricated her limbs from his one by one, "you need your strength, you cannot subsist on love alone!"

Rey playfully wrestled with Ben, clinging to him more firmly. "You're giving me a very strange sensation Rey," Ben continued, pinning her arms to her sides, and gently biting her ear. "I cannot eat anything myself, my body is sustained by pure Force; but I feel a sensation of hunger just the same, a phantom feeling... and I believe it is the part of me living in you, and this feeling will only go away once you eat."

"But I DID eat Ben, and so did you..." Rey taunted saucily, grinning. Ben made a noise that sounded an awful lot like a growl at that, and pouncing upon her, kissed her until she was gasping for breath.

Finally he pulled away, and effortlessly lifting her, carried her, tangled bedsheet and all, to the little table. He proceeded to sit down on the chair in front of the (exceedingly cold) meal tray, perched her upon his lap, and ordered her to eat. Laughingly, she ate her fill, discovering in the process that she was actually starving; and as she ate Ben's feeling of discomfort gradually went away.

While Rey ate, they talked. They spoke of anything and everything that came to their minds. No topics, no subject, no idea was off limits. They felt such freedom and joy in the ability to be so completely real and vulnerable with each other, after spending a life time hiding behind their strong, mask like personas.

For the two reunited lovers, their conversation took up every second of time they could spare from making love; to speak their minds so openly to each other, to be understood so perfectly, and to finally have that sense of pure, unadulterated companionship, equality and belonging that they had each been craving so deeply throughout their entire lives, was an equally satisfying form of intercourse, though verbal. It seemed they halfway read each other's thoughts and feelings, they were so much a part of each other now, so in sync.

After several hours spent in mutual discussion, Ben and Rey decided it was time for them to leave... first to exit their snug little room, for her to reassure her worried friends about her mental and physical health; and then to leave the planet altogether to go on their own adventures. Rey had it strongly in mind to use Ben's superior knowledge of the craft to construct a new lightsaber, with a yellow blade, to indicate her newly chosen path as a grey Jedi, taking the middle way without succumbing to the darkness; also to reflect their Dyad union, and the combination of their dark and light sides of the force.

This task would take them to several mining stations to purchase the correct materials and crystals needed for the saber. Rey wanted to use her old staff for the hilt; she didn't need it any more! They agreed to take her small private ship, the Ewok (which had a cozy living area and sleeping quarters for the two of them to share.) It was just the right size, too small to need any additional crew, but large enough to give them ample space to be together.

Meanwhile, they had the lightsabers of the Skywalker twins in their possession. Ben said it would be too dangerous, too tempting to fate, to continue to use and keep those Jedi weapons around.... use the force neutrally or not at all, he said, or else risk a return of the good vs evil battle, each side unknowingly craving balance and leaving chaos in their wake. Rey thought that disabling and then burying the two lightsabers together would be an honorable way to honor Luke and Leia and put them both to rest. Ben suggested the suitability of taking the sabers back to where it all started for his family, on Tatooine, to which Rey assented. After that, the pair would go on to Naboo, and have a true honeymoon amongst the flowers and pastures of that peaceful, green planet, as the tradition was for Ben's family.

After they settled all the little details of the trip to their satisfaction, Rey allowed Ben to carry her into the shower.... normally so strong (as Ben well knew), she was enjoying exploring the sensation of laying down her guard with Ben, and allowing him to take charge of her, just a little bit. It did him good as well! Formerly so selfish, Rey taught him how wonderful it felt to care for the one he loved.

After squeezing together into the tiny shower space, and thoroughly wetting themselves, they started to slowly lather each other up; before long they had to give up the pretense of washing altogether, as they were drawn into a playful, soapy, wet interlude under the running water. Eventually, and after quite some time, momentarily quelled in their desires, they caught their breathes again, and laughingly resumed their ablutions, lathering each other up and rinsing each other off.

Done with the shower, her hair wrapped up in a towel turban, Rey dug around in the compact cupboard of her sleeping quarters to find something to wear. As she put on a fresh, crisp, traveling outfit and her old, newly cleaned, beige leather boots, Ben drew her attention to himself for a moment, "Love?" "Yes?" "I need to ask something of you sweetheart." Rey paused and looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "As you see Rey, I don't exactly have a 'wardrobe' here..." "You could just wear what you had on earlier," Rey answered, looking up from lacing her boot." "Well, a whole traveling ensemble would be better, instead of my holey black sweater..." Ben continued. "Hey, I like that sweater!" Rey retorted, pulling a face at Ben. "So we'll keep the sweater! But I still need some traveling clothes. Listen sweety, I'll need to quickly blend into the Force for the briefest time possible so I can 'get dressed'. It's the only way, until I have time to bring over some more clothes. I won't take longer than one minute, and then I will be back."

Rey's eyes gleamed with the hint of panic, as the thought of seeing him fade away again before her flashed through her mind; but she took a deep breath and restrained herself. She slowly nodded, as Ben leaned in for a little kiss.

"Rey, I'll be in your head the whole time I'm gone." Looking steadily into her eyes, he began to fade away.... her heart started to race, but before she could do anything, she heard his voice in her mind. {Rey, it's me Ben. Can you hear me sweetheart?} "Yes Ben I can!" {Rey, try speaking to me with your mind... your voice is far away and very dim.}

{Ummm, ok... how? Can you hear me, my sexy Solo? Hurry back, I want you!} Rey flirtatiously tested out her force voice, unsure if it was working. But it must have, because as she finished her mental sentence, she heard Ben playfully growl in response, {Ohhh Rey... I'm trying to 'force' my pants on and you are making it really difficult. Talk about the weather or something instead!}

Rey laughed out loud, then she blinked, and Ben was in front of her eyes again once more, in a new version of the same black sweater, minus the hole; with the addition of a nice pair of navy blue pants, enormous black boots, and a black cloak. He smiled down into her eyes, then gave her a wink.

"I'm having so much fun with Ben Solo's emotions and facial expressions," Rey exclaimed, "Kylo Ren was SO much harder to read!"

... to be continued.