•Rebirth•

Everything seemed to happen at once. Exhausted and bewildered, Rey, clutching her baby, helplessly tried to look back over her shoulder. "Ben? Ben?!" she gasped out, before another wave of contractions hit her, absorbing all her focus as her body started to expel the afterbirth. The medical droid was already beeping at Ben's side, taking his vitals; a second droid rolled over to Rey's side; and after Maz had quickly thrown a blanket over Rey and the baby, she had rushed to Ben herself.

"His vitals are stable; he appears to have fainted, for reasons we cannot explain," the medical drone monotonously intoned, after many long, heart stopping moments had passed for Rey. "All is well Rey, Ben is fine, focus on your daughter," Maz soothed her, but she was not so sure. Maz could sense his life force flowing strong; she had noticed him getting stronger throughout Rey's pregnancy. Yet Ben was unresponsive, although he was no longer blue, and his heart was beating steadily. She peered at the large man on the floor, and with all of her experience was at a loss for what to do.

"Worry about Ben Solo, you should not." suddenly intoned a whimsical voice to Rey's left. She swiveled her head around, and saw the force ghost form of master Yoda, smiling, leaning against his walking stick.

"Master Yoda! What has happened to Ben, please help him!" Rey implored. The baby nuzzled at her breast, making sweet little grunts and sighs.

"Need help from me, Ben Solo does not," Yoda cryptically replied. "But what does that mean, what is going on?" Rey weakly demanded.

"Young Rey...." Yoda smiled at her over his staff. "Healed and alive, your husband is. Stronger Ben Solo has become, and reborn he is."

Rey stared at him amazed, as did Maz, when another refined voice sounded to Rey's right. "Hello there!" It was Master Kenobi, Ben's namesake. "Congratulations are in order I see!" Rey and Maz's heads spun quickly over to him, looking into Obi Wan's kind, judicious blue face.

"Thank you," Rey panted, looking confusedly between the two Jedi, "but please Masters, tell me what's going on, what should we do?!" She looked back again frantically at Ben.

"Rey, rejoice, we bring glad tidings this day. As you are well aware, you have a dyad connection to young Solo here; your life force flows in his veins as his does in yours. His life tied up in yours, as well as his death.

The force flowing so strongly from you both, spontaneously combined over nine months ago to create the child, now in your arms. Your daughter is strong with the force, stronger than both of her parents combined; and wiser we hope, as she will learn from their mistakes to embody true balance. As she grew inside your womb, she drew the force energy from Ben that kept him with you, and in the process, he was able to gradually heal and replenish his life force, which brought him back to his original, human form. Weaker in some ways, stronger in others; your daughter has been the chief instrument in bringing Ben Solo back. You can see the concentrated force light now shining out through her bonny blue eyes." Obi Wan then paused, and bestowed a wise, contemplative little smile at the baby.

"And what is happening with him now? He is unresponsive," Rey asked, in a less panicked voice than before. Her heart was starting to fill up with an unexpected spring of fresh hope; this outcome was something she had never dreamed of.

"His mind is currently far away, bidding farewell to his family in the force world. His grandfather Anakin, Uncle Luke and mother, Mistress Leia, have used their power over the force to bring Han Solo into their realm, the World between Worlds; to reunite with his son one last time before the final journey. I came here with Master Yoda, to comfort you at his bidding. He will be back with us presently."

Maz meanwhile had placed a pillow under Ben's head, then left his side, and she and one of the medical droids assisted in cleaning up Rey, helping her into a more comfortable position upon the bed. The newborn mother felt wonderful after the birth, strong, although rather shaky in the legs; and now that she knew Ben was all right, she felt euphoria wash over her. She was drowning in her exhilaration. The baby had started nursing, and was drifting off to sleep. Rey's soft shining eyes wandered between her two dear ones; from the sweet baby at her breast, to watching Ben's face, waiting for him to wake up.

Eventually, Ben blinked slowly, then opened his eyes, staring at the starry ceiling above him. His first thought exposed itself, as he spoke one word in his baritone voice, "Rey."

Master Yoda and Master Kenobi looked at each other and smiled, then nodded pleasantly to Rey, and faded away, back into the domain of the force.

Ben rose, as if in a dream, floating in a cloud of tranquility. His touching reunion with his parents still in mind, he had the most peaceful smile upon his face. His eyes sought Rey's. He looked deeply into her eyes, and neither one looked away as he slowly made his way over. He crouched down before his wife and baby, still looking deep into Rey's eyes. He was wholly Ben; no part of him trapped in force form, and he kissed Rey then, passionately, fervently, with his real, living lips, for the first time since before she had lost him on Exegol. When they finally broke apart, he leaned down, and planted a gentle kiss upon the head of his gorgeous daughter.

"Welcome home Ben." Rey simply said. And it was all she needed to say.

•••

"Hana Skywalker Solo." Rey smiled as she looked down at the sleeping form of her daughter in the tiny bassinet later that day. What a day it had been! She sat upon the bed, cuddled into Ben's side, and they couldn't have been happier.

Ben found it nearly impossible to tear his eyes away from his child's little face. She looked so much like Rey, but with his coloring. Her eyes were large and beautiful, just like Rey's; except they were bright, shining blue instead of a deep brown. She had her mother's nose and cheeks as well, with her father's sensuous lips. Her hair was longer than one would expect a newborn baby's to be, and it was thick, black and waving like Ben's.

It had been hard to come up with a name; they had added so many ideas to their name list over the nine months, but were unable to decide, knowing that when they saw her face they would be guided to the right decision. "Babies come with their name," Maz had told them. They both wanted something incredibly meaningful, in honor of their family or friends. This baby was unique, special, one of a kind.

Some of the names on their list were Milla (after the perfumed Millaflowers of Naboo); Finley and Rose were added as well; during the last month or so, Ben had been leaning towards Leiana (for Leia and Anakin) and Rey towards Lumé (for Luke and Padmé). But they had finally settled upon the short, sweet Hana, as a more perfect fit for their family. The name was meant to honor Han and Leia, as a combination of their names; it was especially fitting after Ben's final loving encounter with his parents in the force realm on the day of his daughter's birth (and his rebirth).

"We can't mess this up Rey, we have only one chance to get this right." Ben spoke in a hushed tone. "But I think we can do this, and raise our Grey Jedi baby right."

"I think we can too. After all, there are no two people in this galaxy with more experience in that area, who would love her more or want better for her than us." Rey sighed blissfully looking lovingly at the baby in front of them, her husband's arms around her.

And they were right.