Chapter 1

1983:

~Jess's Apartment~

6:30 p.m.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

That was the sound off my obnoxious alarm clock going off telling me it is time to get ready for work.  I get up slowly and make my way to my small bathroom. Even though I only took an hour long nap, I felt the need to brush my teeth and hair, along with washing my face. After that I walked back into my bedroom and pulled on a pair of shorts, a baggy Zeppelin T-shirt, and my white sneakers that was laying in the floor from earlier today. As I was putting my work outfit for today together, I contemplated if I had enough time to stop at the diner before work for some dinner since I had a little extra tip money left over from yesterday. I decided against the idea as I locked my battered door and walked down the splintery apartment steps.

The streets were littered with trash and flooded with valley kids. My boss was making me and my best friend Amanda work the night shift because we got to work late the day before. I usually don't work the night shifts because of the crazy people that run the streets at night and it's a long walk when you don't have a car. Before I worked at the Seventh Veil I worked at a much smaller club that shut down. I was basically homeless until I found Amanda, she helped me out a lot and helped me get the job at the Seventh Veil.

~The Seventh Veil~

I walked through the back double doors and into the dressing room. I saw Amanda and the other girls getting ready at their stations. I went to my station next to Amanda and sat down.

"I didn't know if you were coming tonight," Amanda said laughing a bit.

"I almost didn't, the valley kids were everywhere tonight and I didn't really want to get out of bed," I said returning her laughter.

"Well I'm glad you decided to come because there's a crowd tonight and that means we're going to get a lot more tips than usual."

I peeked through the other door which led out into the audience. Amanda was right, there was a lot more people than usual. I scanned the room taking in all of the usual customers we have, but when I reached a certain seat my eyes stopped. There was a group of men that reminded me of a band I had seen play at a couple of bars a little while ago when I was still working at my last job. That couldn't be them...was it....No way. I decided to put the thought into the back of my mind not because I doubted myself but because the band I was thinking about wouldn't come to a club like this because they were much more popular now and more than likely went to upscale clubs far away from here.

I finished getting ready with Amanda and put on my 6 inch red and black heels. My outfit was a black and red bikini top that was barely coverage along with plain black bottoms. Amanda was wearing a pink and white bikini that was basically all feathers with white 6 inch heels as well.

"I just talked to Martin, he said that we also have to partially work the floor tonight," Amanda said.

"Kay," I was kinda glad because I was a little nervous since there was such a large crowd tonight. I usually don't like working the floor because there's so many perverts that want to touch and it really grosses me out. The no touching policy comes in handy when you have strange men that want to grope you all the time.

8:00 p.m.

The shift finally begun and when I walked out I immediately noticed the guys I was looking at earlier. They all turned their heads to me and Amanda and I realized I was right, that was the band. Amanda and I were put on the poles on the left side right in front of the four guys. As I was doing my thing I kept making eye contact with one guy from the band. I recognized him as the bass player, he had jet black hair that was all over the place and quite a few tattoos. I was nearing the end of my dance when he looked at me then smirked and turned his head to the skinny brown headed guy next to him and whispered something which caused the skinny guy to look at me and smile. I hope that I wasn't embarrassing myself or anything, I mean what else could they be talking about.

I broke eye contact with the bassist and walked off of stage with Amanda at the end of our dance. We went back into the dressing room and talked while freshening up.

"Did you see that blonde guy? Man he was cute." She said causing me to shake my head and laugh a little.

"I'm not really into blondes," I said truthfully. I don't know why but blonde guys never really caught my attention.

"I'm surprised you saw him," she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I saw you making goo goo eyes at one of his buddies with the black hair," she said giggling.

"I was not. I mean, maybe I was, but that's only because I knew him from somewhere," That was somewhat the truth I mean he was very attractive but I couldn't like him because I know the type of guy he is.

"Now that you mention it they do look like that one band that you went to see what was it....Motley Crue?"

Amanda never really was into the same kind of music I was into. She was more into wave music which I hated with a burning passion.

"Yes that's it. I've been trying to remember all night," I see so many different bands play at different bars I honestly can't remember all of their names.

We finished getting ready for the floor in silence. We walked out and I saw the bass player and the skinny guy who I now remembered was the drummer, call me over. I smiled and walked over.

"What can I do for you boys?" I said in a flirty tone.

"How much for a lap dance?" the bass player said with a smirk that couldn't be missed.

"20," I said sweetly.

He handed me the 20 and I started doing my job. I normally try to have a conversation with my clients if they're not creeps. So I started off by introducing myself.

"I'm Jess," I said over the loud music to break the awkward silence between us.

"I'm Nikki, Nikki Sixx."