Chapter 7

Thank you guys so much for reading!!! Make sure to vote and comment some of your ideas!!!

_______________________________________________________________

Jess's POV:

~Motley House~

Oh shit.

That was the only phrase I could think of in this situation.

Nikki just stormed out of their apartment so fast I don't think anyone knew what to do. My brain finally registered with what happened and I ran out after him.

"Nikki!" I screamed as loud as I could but I didn't get a response.

"Nikki! Please stop!" I screamed again. Nikki turned around so fast it scared me.

"He can't get away with those kinds of things Jess! It's not right!" The anger in his eyes should've scared me but it didn't because it showed me he cared and I liked that.

"I know that but it's not going to change him I promise," I said.

"Well he's never gotten his ass kicked by me before," Nikki went to turn back around before I reached forward and caught his arm pulling him back into reality.

"Nikki...please...it will only make things worse and I don't want you to get hurt," I said with pleading eyes.

"He deserves it though," Nikki said finally calming down a little but still angry.

"I know he does and I wish I could let you do this but I know a good outcome will not come out of this," I said sadly.

"Fine," Nikki said giving up.

"Thank you for caring," I said and I meant it more than he could know.

"You're welcome...but if he ever touches you again I'm seriously going to beat his ass." He said with stern eyes.

"Deal," I said smiling.

When we were walking back to the apartment I noticed Nikki kept looking at me. Did I have something on me?

"Why do you keep looking at me," I said laughing a little.

"I just don't understand how someone could hurt you like Jake did," he said frowning.

"I honestly don't consider it Jake's fault, I mean yeah in an obvious kinda way but...I really blame myself," I said. I was remembering all of the memories of my dad abusing me when I was back at home and it made me shiver a bit.

"Why would you do that?" Nikki asked.

I stayed silent and continued staring at the ground.

"You can tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone." He said pleadingly.

"I know you won't, it's just hard for me to trust people anymore," I said as I sat down on a park bench and Nikki sat down beside of me. Wow Nikki must've ran farther than I thought...

"I get that, I used to be the same way," he said.

"Really?" I said kind of shocked because what kind of problems could a rock star have?

"Yeah, I had a really fucked up home life and that's why I got into music, I used it as a stress reliever," He said.

I stayed silent. I didn't really want to talk about my past but for some reason I felt really connected with Nikki. The only person I've ever told everything to was Amanda and that took months for me to do.

"Listen, if you don't want to tell me now then there's always another time. I just think you would feel better if you let the past out." He said looking into my eyes.

As he said that last sentence I realized that how supportive and comforting he has been the past 24 hours. I really want to tell him about everything but at the same time I feel like if I let him in I'm asking for pain. Every person I've ever let completely know me has left me...except for Amanda. I decided that I'm not ready to lose Nikki, I feel like I can trust when he says he and Vanity did nothing.

After awhile of sitting on the bench and talking we resumed walking back to the apartment. On the way back I realized that Nikki was a little quieter than usual and I felt bad for not telling him about my past. I wish he could understand why I'm not telling him.

~Motley Place~

We finally made it back and now I was sitting outside on the steps smoking a cigarette and thinking about what I should do about Jake, work, Nikki,...just everything going on in my life currently.

I think today I'm just going to call in sick because my face is still decently swollen and I don't really want to bother with makeup. As I was thinking up excuses I heard the rattle of the metal steps behind me.

"Hey," Amanda said giving me a little smile.

"Hey."

"Feeling any better," She said.

"Not really, I don't think I'm going to go into work tonight," I said inhaling my last puff before pushing the rest into the ground.

"That's a good idea, you need to rest up."

After a moment of silence Amanda spoke again.

"Jess you're my best friend and I want you to really listen to what I have to say because it's for your own good..."

"Okay." I said looking at her now.

"I think we should do something about Jake like call the cops or something because this has gotten way too far."

"No. No way." I said aggressively.

"Why not?"

"Because it will only make him hate me more than he already does. Even if he does go to jail what happens when he gets out? That's right he'll just come after me again or worse you."

Amanda took a deep breathe and looked into the distance.

"I just don't want to see you getting hurt anymore that's all. It's scaring me."

"You don't have to worry anymore. We're staying here now and he doesn't know that so he can't bother me unless it's at work and he can't do anything but talk there. I'm fine seriously and if all else fails I have you and the guys."

"Yeah I guess."

"Exactly so please stop worrying," I said with pleading eyes.

"Okay." Amanda said with a small smile.

We sat there for a while and talked a little more before going inside.

Amanda stopped me halfway up the steps.

"What's wrong," I said looking worried.

"I just realized what we're getting ourselves into," Amanda said not blinking.

"What do you mean." I was so confused.

"We are staying in the same apartment as fucking Motley Crue."

"It can't possibly be that bad...can it?" I questioned.

Little did I know that staying here would change my entire life.