Schooled

"But why exactly are we going undercover on this mission? I'm not questioning your leadership... but any of you are just as eligible to take on a persona." Elias asked Alex the exact question that I had been longing to say myself.

Reina, Neil, and Westen passed a look back and forth. I could immediately tell that this mission wouldn't require a fire breathing dragon. For some odd reason, we were needed for a different purpose.

Alex looked at both Elias and I then answered, "Because you two will be going undercover in a highschool. You're both the correct age. No one will even question that government agents are involved."

Crowded hallways filled with loud teenagers is just my cup of tea. Anyone who has ever met me knows that I'm not appealed by the idea of human bodies pressed against each other. I like open space so that I can stretch my wings.

But if I'm needed to stop some form of evil then I refuse to back down. My dislikes are worth pushing aside to do what must be done.

<~~~>

"Um, is now a good time to mention I've never been in an American highschool... like ever." I said in a shushed voice. When I lived at the orphanage, we were technically homeschooled at the place. In a way, the orphanage itself was like a school, but we lived there instead of at our own homes.

Elias leaned over as we walked down the long hallway, "There's nothing to worry about. Just play your part. Usually, you're the one running into the fight with tooth and claw. Let me head this one, okay?"

And so I let Elias take control of this mission. My steel grip on the backpack straps didn't loosen as we continued walking. Our attire had changed so that we could blend in with the atmosphere. Elias wore blue jeans and red sweatshirt. Instead of a backpack, he had a satchel slung across one of his shoulders. Meanwhile, I had a fashionable sweater and black jeans. My own outfit was Reina's idea of course. I've never been the one to dress up nicely. I'm still deciding if Reina was aiming for good 'looking' or attractive. She thought I should look stylish on my first day of class.

This was my literal first day of high school.

"We're new. Students will notice us." I told Elias as we continued walking. Luckily, we arrived early so there weren't many teens in the halls... yet.

Elias simply smiled and replied confidently, "This is the largest highschool in the county. Two-thousand five hundred students. Our random arrival won't be noticed, let alone questioned."

"Which makes our job more difficult to prevent an assassination." I mumbled to myself.

We were sent there to protect Lucian Richardson. Threats had been made against him without his knowledge. In secret, his father had signed a bad deal with a dangerous gang, which ended with him owing a huge sum of money to the thugs.

One of Mr.Liam's other teams took out the gang, but some vengeful goons were out to collect interest. As payback for not repaying the money and the fall of their gang, the remaining gang members planned to assassinate the man's son.

This is where we came in to stop the crime before it could happen. Believe me, a threat against someone's life always has me in a serious mood. This situation was no different. Lucian Richardson had nothing to do with his father's deal with the gang. He was completely innocent in this situation.

So now we had to find Lucian, watch him, and protect him from impending death. Elias and I would remain random strangers. We were commanded to keep Lucian unaware of the danger he was in, unless there was no other choice. Our orders were to keep him unaware. This is what his father had wanted.