When It Won't Save You

I feel like this chapter sucks.......so my apologies if it does!! I didn't want to skip past all of this though.

But good news.......Mr. Vic Fuentes will make his (hopefully) highly anticipated return next chapter!!! And soon we'll get back to that love story I promised y'all! :)

Leave me your thoughts! I'll update again soon!

Lyla's P.O.V:

All I could see was his face. I was running as fast as I could, but everywhere I turned there he was. I couldn't escape him. I ran through the dense forest; I could hear his footsteps close behind me. I saw a cliff in front of me and I skidded to a stop just in time. I stared down into the immense nothingness that lay below, watching as a few rocks tumbled over the edge and disappeared into the abyss. I could hear the distinct sound of his breathing getting closer and closer; I had no choice. I turned around to face him. He licked his lips and smiled at me. I smiled back before I threw myself off of the cliff. I was falling fast and I tried to relax as I waited for the impact, but it never came. I continued to fall further and further as memories of my life floated around me. I watched my life go by in front of my eyes; I tried to cry but no tears would come out. I shut my eyes tight trying to block it all out, every single bit of it, good or bad. I was ready to hit the ground, I was ready for it all to end. My body began to slow its descent, and I came to rest in a stronge pair of arms; they felt warm and familiar, they felt like Vic's. A smile spread across my face and I opened my eyes. "Gotcha!" It wasn't Vic. It was him. Derrik. He had found me. I opened my mouth and screamed as loud as I could, struggling to get any sound to come out at all.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Get off of me!!! Help me, please don't touch me!!! Leave me alone!!!! Stop it!!!!" I yelled as I flailed my body around trying to get him to release his hold on me.

"LYLA!! Lyla it's me, it's Austin. It's okay, Lyla! Lyla" I heard a different voice yelling. I felt a pair of strong hands grab my arms to stop me from squirming, but I couldn't get my eyes to open to see what was really happening.

"Stop, please. Just please don't, it hurts," I was whimpering now. I could feel hot tears stinging my cheeks.

"LYLA!!!" I heard my name once more and I forced my eyes open and I sat up quickly struggling for air. I was drenched in sweat, my body shaking. "Hey, hey, you're alright. You're safe now, I'm here." I felt a pair of tattooed arms wrap around me, pulling me in his lap. For the first time in a long time I felt safe; I knew it was Austin. I could smell his cologne, and as he leaned my head on his chest I could hear the familiar, erratic sound of his heartbeat. He stroked my hair and gently rocked me back and forth. I took a few deep breaths trying to calm myself down. It was just a dream........

As I recovered from the nightmare I started to feel sick; my head was pounding, the light hurt my fragile eyes, and my mind was screaming at me begging for a fix. My body felt almost lifeless and I was more exhausted than I have ever been even though I had just slept for Lord knows how long. I grabbed at Austin's shirt as he continued to hold me and rock me. I clenched it tight in my fists and I felt myself drifting back off to sleep.

"Don't leave me," I whispered. He kissed the side of my head.

"Never," he whispered back. I drifted back off into sleep hoping that my memories would leave me alone this time.

----------

"Are you sure we shouldn't wake her?" I could hear the faint sound of someone talking, but it sounded far away.

"No, leave her be," Someone respond, the voice sounded louder than the last. I was starting to come to again.

"Austin," I whispered out. Immediately I felt the arms that were around me tighten their hold and I opened my eyes to see Austin still holding me.