How to enter

To qualify to be entered into the awards, you have to have:

1. A confirmed Wattpad account—this means that we are able to contact you through the inbox messages.

2. A published book with a minimum of 5 chapters. (Don't forget to tag us in your books)

3. Your book has to be written in English. We currently do not have any member fluent in another language but we promise you we will be finding some ambassadors soon. (In the meantime if you are a new writer fluent in a language other than English, feel free to check out our book on Ambassador recruitment!)

4. You have to be permanently following the TNwA account and that of our coordinators -vaelet- and ur_favouritexx

5. Be active. We need to be able to reach you when we contact you. Failure to reply after one or two days of contact might result to withdrawal of your book from the contest.

      DOs and DON'Ts

+ You DON'T have to have a certain amount of reads or followers to be entered into the awards.
+DON'T bring down other new writers in the comment section. This is a lovely community where we should all be supporting each other.
+DON'T put foward a book that's not yours or a stolen idea. We have judges who are ready to fish out plagiarism—if you're guilty of this, you will be automatically removed from the award and will be banned from entering the award in the future.

+DO share this book with your friends who are new writers as well by tagging them in the form section.
+Make sure you DO tag us #TNwA2020 in your story for us to be able to find your book.

+Also follow our social media account as it enhances your chances of winning.

Instagram- @vaeletx

THE AWARDS

The only genres that we will be accepting for now are: Teen Fiction, Romance, New Adult, Thriller, Werewolf, Vampires, Fanfiction, Historical Fiction and Urban Fiction. There will three stages before we pick three winners for each genre. 15 books will be picked from each genre and the blurb will help us decide which ones will be moving up to the next stage.

(Here's a tip for you-You have one chance to introduce your book to the reader, so you need to make it count. Your blurb has to be as captivating as your book itself.)

Stage Two

Here the book will be checked for substance- does your book hold meaning? Are the characters defined? And Plagiarism.

(NOTE: IF YOUR BOOK DOESN'T MAKE IT TO THE NEXT STAGE IT'S NOT BECAUSE WE THINK IT'S PLAGIARISED WORK)

Stage three

This is the last and hardest stage. Is your plot meaningful? Are the audiences captivated? How is your written English? Do we relate to your book?

PRIZE

1st Place

We have our very own editor!
Our editor will be helping you straighten out the kinks in your books. These involve:- grammatical errors, punctuations and overall structure of story.

    We have our own cover maker!
We can all admit that a lot of people judge books by their covers. Our very own graphics designer will help to make sure that your book is graced with a captivating cover with the 1st place winner of #TNwA2020 banner .

The New Writers Reading list
Our Out With The Old In With The New reading list will only hold the best of the best. This allows your story to reach the very best of wattpad's audiences.

To top it all off, the winner of the awards gets a permanent follow back from us on all our social media platforms.

2nd Place

A cover with the 2nd place winner of #TNwA2020 banner.

A Place in our AMAZING WRITERS reading list.

3rd Place

A cover with the 3rd place winner of #TNwA2020

Happy writing!