Judging Criteria

Hello New Writers!

This is a quick information on how the books will be judged. Hopefully, by Sunday 26th of January we will be sharing the results on the people who made it as judges. (We are very excited!)

    As we said earlier in the book, there will be three stages for each genre.

STAGE ONE: 15 MARKS
This will be judged on

Blurb: 5 marks
The blurb is super important in getting readers hooked on your book!

Book cover: 5 marks
Sadly books are often judged by their covers and we know that for new writers this can be very difficult! But it's okay, we are still here to help. (Check out our graphic design book to see if you're eligible for a free book cover!)

First chapter: 5 marks
This might just be the most important part of the book after the blurb of course. The readers have given your book a chance because of your very amazing blurb. Did they do the right thing? Is the start captivating?

STAGE TWO: 15 MARKS
This will be judged on

Plot: 5 marks
Please, please, please, as new writers we have to aim to be absolutely original. No one wants to read overly cliche stories anymore. People now crave originality and not a combination of overused ideas on Wattpad.

SPAG: 5 marks
SPAG basically stands for spelling, punctuation and grammar. This is very important in a book. People don't want to have to be correcting the writer in every line. Mistakes are a absolutely a given for writers who don't edit—nobody is perfect. But we have to always spend an extra time on making sure that our grammar is correct and on point.

Writing style: 5 marks
Are you making readers scream update at the end of every chapter (this is absolutely not necessary) but do you make readers crave more, do you keep readers on their toes. Are you describing your settings well? How's the dialogue? Are you telling or showing readers?

STAGE THREE : 20 MARKS
This will be judged on

Characters and their development: 10 marks
The whole book is based on characters. Are they meaningful? Do they have any impact on the story? Especially the main characters. How do they make changes to their backstories. Did they progress or regress? Are they realistic?

Dialogue and Enjoyment: 10 marks

Is the conversation flowing between characters? Are you enjoying the book? Does the conversation make sense? Is it valid to the plot? Humour?

OVERALL MARK: 50 MARKS

GOODLUCK to all the new writers! Also do not forget to continue tagging on the previous chapter. Also make sure you're following both ur_favouritexx and -vaelet- ! And also check out their books.

https://my.w.tt/LoF08afrw3
For TRIGGERED
by -vaelet-

and

https://my.w.tt/gdmPyPkrw3
For SILENCE
by ur_favouritexx