A Normal School

"Wow, BOTH of them??" Ink asked when the group met up with him and Blue. Blue scampered behind Nightmare, staring worriedly up at Dust, who was curled up in the other's tentacles, asleep. Horror was also being carried. His axe was as well.

Ink seemed much happier now. Nightmare had noted this. Something had changed and he was sure it had to do with the looming presence over Ink's shoulder. Something he couldn't see, but could feel was there. Nightmare walked quietly, his black messenger bag still slung over his shoulder.

His free tentacles flicked and curled, still a little agitated. He looked over next to him at Cross, who caught his gaze from under his fluffy hood and smiled, knowing exactly what he'd done. Nightmare growled, going bright blue. Behind him, he could hear Dream and Killer speaking with Ink.

They soon reached the school and moved inside, monsters scrambling out of their way, only to inch back out uncertainly when they would see Ink and Dream with them. Dream turned and said goodbye to Killer, who sighed and locked their fingers together. They weren't ones for public affection. They both squeezed each other's hands with a light blush before they separated.

Dream went over to stand by Ink. They called to Blue, who seemed dismayed, fiddling with his fingers. He looked up at Nightmare and Nightmare understood. He growled before setting Dust down, shaking the other awake.

Dust blinked open his eyes, only to jump as Blue hugged him, squeezing him tightly. He hugged back, blushing faintly while Blue was practically glowing. "Bye Dust!" He chirped. "And good morning!"'he turned away and moved with Dream and Ink.

The group that was left turned and made their way to the classroom in the corner of the first floor. They all slipped inside. Nightmare set Horror down at a random desk, the other still asleep. He set his axe down with him and Horror gripped it tightly, seeming to hug it in his sleep.

Nightmare took his place at the round table next to the window. He sighed as he felt the table move, leaning Cross had sat next to him. Dust had plopped down at a random desk, immediately closing his eyes and leaning forward, placing his head on the desk before falling asleep. Killer sat in the front, like he always did, throwing his book bag against the floor and propping his feet up.

Soon, Toriel came in. She had the muzzles for Horror and Cross. She leaned down and gently attached it to Horror, being careful not to wake him.

She approached Cross, but jumped as Nightmare curled his tentacles around the other protectively and hissed. He hated watching Cross have the damn thing put on. Toriel sighed. "He HAS to wear it." She said firmly.

Nightmare rolled his eyes and held out a hand. Toriel sighed again and handed it to him. Nightmare glared at her before turning to Cross. "God, I wish this could shut you up." He growled as he attached the muzzle to Cross. Cross grinned at him from under the mesh of the muzzle.

"You would love that, wouldn't you?" Cross retorted, a brow raised. Nightmare tightened it and nodded. He turned back to the front and Cross turned too. Toriel was watching them quietly.

"Boys." She said. They all blinked and looked up. She never usually addressed them like that unless they were in trouble. Toriel rolled her eyes. "Wake Dust and Horror." Nightmare stretched out a tentacle and shoved Dust's desk. The other shot up, growling. Killer got up and shook Horror, making the other twitch awake and squirm, blinking his eyes in confusion.

"Do you... all live together?" She asked. Nightmare blinked and his tentacles twitched.

"Why?" He asked. Toriel blinked and tipped her head, sitting down at the desk in the front of the room.

"I'm just curious. Over the past few weeks, your interactions and such have changed dramatically." Toriel noted. "And the school went to check Dust's apartment, which has seemingly been vacant for weeks." Nightmare glanced back at Dust, who have a tired shrug. Toriel gave a soft chuckle and a smile. "I think this could be good for all of you." She said warmly. That surprised them. "The principal will be glad to hear."

Nightmare scowled. He hated Sans. He was too unpredictable for Nightmare. Nightmare rolled his eyes, tapping his fingers against the desk. He jumped as he felt a hand on one of his tentacles and laid it down without a second thought so Cross could continue petting it.

Toriel clapped her hand, signaling the beginning of a lesson. Of course, Nightmare wasn't listening. Nobody was. He glanced over. He hated when Horror took notes. His hand that was writing almost seem to be moving on its own, completely separate from Horror. Dust was out cold again.

Killer was spinning the knife he'd brought to school. Nightmare blinked. Cross' hand had stopped moving for the moment and he felt a pressure against his shoulder. Cross was leaning against him. Nightmare swore under his breath, his cheeks lighting up a soft blue before he curled a tentacle around Cross protectively.

Lunch time soon came and they all looked at Toriel expectedly. Today was the day. She sighed and gave a knowing grin. "Yes, you all get to go up to the cafeteria to get your food today." She said, chuckling softly. They all buzzed with excitement. Even Dust, who'd been asleep for the past two hours. He stood up, stumbling for a minute.

"Behave." Toriel said firmly. They all nodded and moved behind her. Nightmare hated the way the other monsters looked at them. But how could he blamed them. They were the Bad Guys. They emerged onto the second floor and sure enough, Nightmare noticed Killer perk up. Dream stood next to the cafeteria doors patiently.

He turned and spotted them, coming over excitedly. He'd already gotten his food. Toriel glanced at them curiously as Dream cheerfully greeted Killer and the two pressed their sides together.

The next to arrive was Blue, who came bouncing out of the cafeteria with a tray. Dust, who'd been staring off into space, seemed to refocus and reached out, rubbing Blue's head, making him blush and whine.

Then... Ink? Ink didn't usually eat with them. Ink carried out a tray and came up next to Dream before glancing at Toriel. He spoke to her and she seemed to assure him of something. Probably that he was allowed to eat in the room with them.

They all went inside, attracting every monster's attention as they each got their meal. Nightmare had to hold Horror's tray to keep him from trying to eat it right away. He actually liked the cafeteria workers. One had noted that Nightmare didn't drink his chocolate milk, so they gave him regular, which he enjoyed much more and would give Cross two chocolate milks instead.

Cross walked, seemingly pleased with his tray. They all moved back in their large group to the classroom. Toriel would often leave them alone to eat lunch. Nightmare blinked as he noticed Cross stop and stare at Ink, seeming fascinated by something. His tentacles twitched and he sat down, Cross sitting next to him.

Blue sat across from Dust, telling him excitedly about his day. Dream watched from a safe distance as Killer 'released' Horror and the other dove for his tray of meat, sending blood flying. They all turned away to let Horror do his thing. Ink sat next to Dream, who was undisturbed by the carnivorous display. Ink, however, seemed very disturbed.

Killer walked back over and sat with Ink and Dream. Nightmare became distracted as Cross opened his first carton. Nightmare had taught him how to do it properly instead of just tearing the top of it off. Cross had found it much easier too. Cross blinked and looked over at Nightmare.

Nightmare reached out and slid his hands into Cross' warm hood. He undid the muzzle and pulled it off. He jumped as Cross caught one of his hands and pressed his teeth to it. Nightmare lit up blue and scowled, though one of the wagging tentacles behind him showed how he really felt. Cross smiled, seeming proud of himself.

The rest of lunch continued normally until Nightmare noticed Cross pause. The other was staring at Ink again. Cross blinked and Nightmare jumped as he stood up.

"What're you doing?" Nightmare asked, blocking him with a tentacle. Cross turned to him and Nightmare could tell by his eyes that this was something he didn't want Nightmare involved in. Nightmare nodded and drew back his tentacle. He blushed as Cross gave him a grateful smile.

The other turned away and he watched as Cross went over and tapped Ink's shoulder, making the other look up at him. They both exchanged a few words and Ink seemed startled. Cross beckoned to the door, which he unlocked with his magic and Ink got up hesitantly.

Cross turned and, with Ink following, left the room. The door shut behind them and Dream turned to Nightmare. "Brother? What was that?" Nightmare gave a shrug. He knew Cross had his own secrets. And that was fine. Because he had his own.