~Chapter Three~

***
    After both of the boys fell, the hard impact of the floor couldn't even begin to compare to the impact of Harry's actions making something warm and happy rise within the pit of Draco's stomach.
'Holy shit. He might actually care,' kept running through Draco's mind like a song on replay, but reality snapped back into place like a jigsaw puzzle, reminding him that Harry probably only pitied Draco, so therefore he saved Draco's life. After all, he knew Harry's tendencies to let his Gryfindor heart overpower his brain. Besides, who'd ever want to rescue a fucking useless ex-Death Eater like himself.
They sat there for what seemed like an eternity, but was most likely only a few minutes before Harry broke the ice by saying, "Don't you dare think about doing that again, okay? I don't think I could stand it if another person died and all I did was stand by and watch helplessly."
"If your doing this out of pity, then you might as well just stop. I don't want-and will never want-anybody's pity," Draco replied spitefully.

***
   Hearing these words stung Harry's heart. He knew that people treated Draco differently because he was a Death -no- ex-Death Eater and a Malfoy, but he never knew to what extent. Of course Harry was not saving Draco from ending his life out of pity, but he also couldn't tell him that one of the reasons he was doing this was because he had a crush on -and maybe even loved- Draco. Ever since that day in Madam Malkins robe shop, Harry had been fascinated with Draco Malfoy. He only realized in fourth year that his so called "unhealthy obsession" might've bloomed into a full out crush for the boy. Harry was very confused, to say the least, and even spent a full year trying to sort out these strange feelings on top of juggling the Tri Wizard Tournament. In the end he decided that he liked both men and women. Hermione was very supportive from the start, but Ron had a harder time accepting this; in the end after lots of reasoning from Hermione, Ron gave his support to Harry as well. All this wasn't important right now though; what was important was getting this beautiful human being beside him to realize that he mattered and was loved.
"I'm not doing this out of pity, and I'm sure as hell not sorry for stopping you. I'm doing this because I care about you. God damnit, I care about you Draco Malfoy and if you don't believe me then I'll spend the rest of my days persuading you with my irresistible charm." Harry finished off his big speech with a wink that'd have most girls, and some guys too, falling head over heels for him.

***
"You and your dramatics," replied Draco with a weak chuckle, but as he looked at Harry hope flourished within him; for a better future, possibly including Harry, and maybe, just maybe someone to help pull him out of the cavity of darkness he'd dug for himself, so he could thrive in the light once more.
***