*Chapter Ten*

Hi.
I sincerely love Clarissa's writing, like damn, it's really good.
Anyway, we hope you enjoy, and I swear on my life, things are about to get 10 times juicier in the next chapter ;)
***
  (Draco)
(This is happening while Harry is returning from his talk with Luna.)

  "Malfoy! Malfoy!" I flinched, hearing my name hissed into the semi-darkness. I was sitting on a bench in a patch of fading moonlight in a corridor, squinting at the pages of a book, trying to make out the words in the dim illumination when someone approached, calling out to me. I spun around, eyes wide, to see Granger hurrying towards me. I shrunk back into my little alcove, but relaxed a bit when she stopped a safe distance away.
  "I was just out for a stroll, but when I saw you I figured I should mention," she stopped and collected herself, slightly out of breath, and slowed her speech a little, "that a letter came for you. It just sort of appeared in the Gryffindor common room, but no one knows where it came from, and it has your name on it." I nodded and sat still for a moment before rising. Inclining my head again in thanks I started off towards Gryffindor Tower.
  "Wait!" I flinched at the noise but turned back around. "You don't know the password. I'll come with you to let you in. Everyone else has been told, but since you haven't been staying in there I assume no one's told you. Shall we?" She set off down the corridor and I followed behind.
  A few moments of silence passed before she spoke again. "I understand what you did. Well, I mean, I know why you did it." I looked up from the ground in surprise. Granger was the last person I'd expect to understand any of it or forgive me for the things I'd done. "You were doing what you had to do to keep yourself and your family safe and live up to what others expected of you. I realize that." She paused as if waiting for me to speak, but when I stayed silent she continued. "Now, that's not to say that I forgive you for how you've acted in the past. You've been truly terrible to people in general, especially me, but I know your part in the war wasn't your fault and I do forgive you for that." She went quiet again, then shook her head and chuckled softly. "Sorry for the speech. I just needed to say it, for my benefit if not for your's." I nodded yet again, though I knew she couldn't see me, as she was in the front.
  Minutes later we reached the portrait of the Fat Lady and she said clearly, "Fibius." The painting swung open to reveal the entrance. Granger and I went inside and the door shut behind us.
  Pointing to a table in the center of the room, Granger showed me to where a black envelope lay. The seal had been stamped with the Malfoy crest and the words 'Draco Malfoy' were emblazoned upon it in gold lettering. There was no return address.
  Taking the letter, I tore it open with a shaking hand. I dreaded what I would find inside. There was only one person who would have stamped it with the Malfoy crest. Once I'd unfolded the letter I skimmed my eyes over the spidery, elegant handwriting that I knew all too well. I read the words over and over, but my mind refused to absorb the information.

  Dear Draco,

  I am truly sorry for my prolonged absence. I have, as you know, been...otherwise detained. That, fortunately, has come to an end, and I look forward to seeing you shortly. I've been hearing the strangest rumors about you and your behavior recently, and even more about the time you've been spending with a certain young man. I await the opportunity to get these... sorted out with you. We will surely discuss the matter when we meet. I will be in the forest at 6:00 pm tomorrow, and, I trust, so will you. Do not be late. There will be consequences should you fail to appear at our meeting spot, and it is not you who will pay the price. I suggest bringing any possessions of great importance, as I do not expect you will be returning to the castle.

  As the words finally sank in, the color drained from my face.He hadn't signed the note, but I knew who had sent it. Somehow, Father had found his way out of Azkaban, and now he wanted to meet me. He wanted to take me away from Hogwarts. I knew what living with him again would mean for me, but I also knew that I had no choice. His not-so-veiled threat said, in no uncertain terms, that Harry's safety was in my hands, and his safety came before mine.
  Granger, who had been studying my face intently while I read, asked concernedly, "Are you alright? You look as though something bad's happened."
  I shook my head yes and got unsteadily to my feet, hurrying towards the door. I rushed out and ran straight into Harry, who was getting ready to enter the tower. I swallowed, anxious to get away but not wanting to be rude.
  "Oh! Harry, I'm sorry, I was just going, but I'll see you later, yeah?" My voice still came out a bit raspy, but he heard me well enough. He looked puzzled but nodded nonetheless, and with that I was off again, heading towards an unknown destination.

***