Chapter One

December 2018 LA

LONDON GREENWOOD

LONDON GREENWOOD

"Why do you look like you're here to give someone sex?". Charlotte Johnson, anchor woman at United Global News, asked the minute she laid her eyes on London.

London, instantly frowned at her co-worker, knowing what the anchor woman at UGN, was implying, but she was way past all of it.

"I received an email for a Christmas party not a debutante ball Charlotte". She said in a acidly sweet voice.

Charlotte, scoffed walking away with her brown head held up high. Bitch, London muttered as she snatched champagne off the tray a waitress was holding.

She walked into the Hall, receiving mixed expressions from the other teams as she located her investigative team. They smiled at her, before focusing on the board of directors on the podium.

"Rumor has it that he's going to stop funding us". Michael, her right hand and camera man said to her.

Her heart stopped beating and her body stilled, she knew Michael, never divulged in gossip, so it was true. But why would Donald, invite her and her team to this event if he was going to literally put the axe on her livelihood, her team's.

*****

She marched straight into his office, the next morning with a angry face and more than enough thing's to say to him.

"What the fuck Donald?!". His office was soundproof but people outside the office could see them through the glass walls.

"Language London", He said standing up and pulling the blinds for the window.

He stood behind her his big hands on her shoulder, but she shrugged him off, turning around and pushing him, she gave him some distance and went to stand on the other end of the room.

"How could you? Why?". She asked trying so hard not to cry.

Donald's onyx eyes met hers and he showed no remorse. "The garage you and your team been putting out there finally met the big bosses and they didn't want to fund such stupid stories and senseless department, so th-". His head whipped to the side as she gave him a hard slap.

"You could have gave me a heads up not to attend the Christmas party last night, instead you made me a laughing stock". She yelled out her voice finally broken,as tears slipped down her cheeks.

Donald, looked at her like a lion would look at a prey, "Im tired of babysitting you and your team London, you're fi-".

London, screamed wiping the tears from her face. "Expect a full detailed resignation letter from me and here's my key card and ID card, you don't get to fire me".

She walked to the door and saw so many shadows under it from the slit. "And Donald, you're going to hear my name".

****

A/N: it's Short but I wanted to put this up..