epilogue (sequel tease!)

grayson:

"grayson!" ethan yells across the airport, and i tear my eyes away from the big glass doors with a wide grin.

we jog up to each other and i automatically crash into my slightly older brother's embrace.

"wow bro, you're cheesin'. really that happy to see me?" he teases, inspecting my flushed face.

"i guess you could say that," i respond and hit the back of his head lightly, as a brother would do.

"well, let's go. i ordered postmates and it should be at the condo soon. need help with your bags?"

i glance down at my luggage and shake my head.
"don't worry, i got it."

he nods and we start to walk to the doors when ethan stops in his tracks. i turn around expectantly, and he holds up a piece of carefully folded paper.

"this fell from your notebook, or whatever," he says and i grab it quickly.

sure enough, it's her drawing.

"what's that?" ethan asks.

i smile. "i have a lot to fill you in"

elizabeth:

my uber is cold.

maybe it's the air conditioning, or the fact that ever since i've left grayson's hug i've been cold.

i lean my head against the back of the seat and run my fingers over the smooth denim of the jacket. the sherpa feeling inside makes me feel like i'm still on the plane, bickering with grayson about the stupid little things, then cracking jokes the next minute.

hate to admit it, but i kinda miss the guy.

suddenly, a crinkling noise in the right pocket makes me fish my hand in it. my fingers grasp around a piece of paper, too thin to be my drawing paper.

i pull it out, my heart racing, and unfold it rapidly.

i feel my body run hot when i read the first line.

"dear elizabeth lowell, the ever so charming love-hater..."