Chapter 15: Why?

"Where's... wheres Y/N?" Ryan asked.

"She's with the nurse, she passed out for some reason" Jackson quickly responded. Suddenly, the nurse came through the door.

"Is she going to be ok?" Swagger asked the nurse.

"She's fine, she passed out due to stress. Mind telling me what that was about?" The nurse said, Jackson and Ruby looked at each other with guilt all over their face.

"We were out for quite sometime and she helped us with some difficult tasks" Ruby responded.

"And you didn't know she had an illness that you worsened?!" The nurse spat out, crossing his arms over his chest.

"She has an illness?" Swagger asked, unaware of the situation.

"Ryan, since you've known her for quite some time, you explain to them" The nurse looked at Ryan who was frowning.

"Yes... she had an illness when she was little. It was just asthma-"

"Just asthma? She constantly had asthma attacks and you're saying it was 'just' asthma?" The nurse cut him off.

"Wait what? How do you know this?" Swagger looked at Ryan, very confused now.

"Everyone get out, I need to talk to them alone" Ryan said, everyone else left while Ruby, Jackson, the nurse and Swagger stayed.

"Ryan how did you know about her illness?" Swagger asked again.

"Because they were childhood friends, I'm surprised he didn't tell you about this considering you've been here the longest" The nurse responded back.

"You've known her all this time and you didn't tell me?" Swagger was a bit hurt of this since both him and Ryan have known each other for quite sometime and even built up the misfits as well.

"I was going to tell you soon but I forgot" Jackson and Ruby were really uncomfortable because of the tension in the room, even the nurse could feel it.

"So... was it you" Swagger had his head down.

"What do you mean?"

"Was it you that..." Swagger looked up with tears in his eyes.

"That brought Y/N into that fucking house! Were you the one that texted her at the beginning?!" Swagger pulled up his cell phone, revealing text messages.

"This was you? Wasn't it?! You dragged her into this mess? And for what? To see your childhood friend again?" Ryan looked at the messages.

"You dragged her into that group chat and now a group is trying to kidnap her?! Who knows what they want with her! Kill her, torture her, rape her, sell her organs?! Do you know what you've just done? You put her in danger for no reason at all!!" Swagger was trembling as he spoke, his grip tightened around the phone.

"Tell me the truth right fucking now or else I'll tell Y/N about what you did to her"

"It's true" Ryan looked at Swagger to see his best buddy trembling with tears in his eyes.

"I did drag her there"

"But not because I wanted to see her, that group already tried to capture her! I just put her in that house because I thought she would be safe" Ryan explained.

"What? Bullshit! She was an open target for them to get then, why would they wait until she was in the house to try and get her?" Swagger fired back.

"That I don't know, please Swagger the main objective here is to protect Y/N" Swagger knew that Ryan was right, he just sighed and nodded. He put his phone down and wiped his tears away.

"I'm going to check up on Y/N, thanks for the info on the group" With that, Swagger left the room. While walking, he thought of how Y/N would react to all of this. Maybe she'd freak out that these people were after her even before getting that strange message from Ryan.

Maybe she'd be happy to see her childhood friend again, maybe... he sighed. He opened the door to the nurse's room to find Y/N sleeping on a bed, with a small towel on her forehead. Her cheeks were red and she was breathing heavily.

"Wow, I'm so sorry you had to have an asthma attack... and in front of that idiot" Swagger said out loud, walking over to her, crouching down to her level to put a strand of hair off of her face.

"I should probably call Cameron and the rest of the guys and tell them the truth now" Swagger dialed Cam's number but it went to voicemail, he tried again but it did the same thing.

"What the..."

"He never does this, what's going on?"

Now to Cameron, he was at his house just cleaning and having a relaxing time. He was waiting on the pizza that he ordered to get there and didn't notice his phone ringing.

He heard the doorbell ring, he thought it was the pizza guy but when he opened it, he saw a man with a black suit and sunglasses.

"Uh can I help you?" The guy had one of his hands hidden in his shirt which was... weird?

"Are you Cameron McKay?" Cameron felt uneasy with this guy, he looked suspicious. He didn't know what to do now. His gut told him to shut the door and not respond to him, he was about to close the door but the guy forcefully opened it.

"Sorry but I'm just following my boss' orders" The guy took out his hand from his shirt to reveal a gun, Cameron's eyes widened at the sight of it. He was frozen in shock, if he moved the guy would surely shoot him but if he didn't he would still die!

"Goodbye" The guy was about to shoot but fell to the ground instead. Behind him was Swagger with an axe that had blood in it.

"What the fuck!" Cameron yelled, shocked of what he just saw.

"Cam, pack your bags because you're not safe here. I'll explain when we get there" Cameron didn't fight back, instead he went upstairs to get his clothes and things he would need.

When he went back downstairs, he asked Swagger about his equipment.

"We'll send some people for your stuff so you can move in at Ryan's place, for now we have to go before someone else comes" Swagger closed the door behind them, getting in the car and driving away.

***

When they got there, they saw Mason as well.

"Mason?" Mason turned around to see Cameron, he giggled and ran up to the tall man, hugging him.

"Why is he here?" Cameron asked Swagger.

"Alex, take Fitz's bags and put it in the room he'll be staying in. Also send some people to get his equipment and everything before the Goop group destroys it" Alex, a worker, nodded and quickly did what he was told to.

"Mason, Cam. Follow me. I need to explain a few things to you guys" Cameron and Mason looked at each other before following Swagger to find out why they were almost killed.

^^^

Like and comment! I'll see you all in the next one my fellow cookies 🍪