Chapter Three

"Do you-do you wanna be my boyfriend?" He asked me quietly.
    I nearly swerved the car in excitement.
"I-I'm so sorry Morgan... I shouldn't have s-said that." He immediately started bawling.
     "Hey no no no don't cry," I immediately reassured him. "I-I'd love to be your boyfriend."
     "R-really?" He sniffled.
     I could hear the soft smile on his face. "Yes of course... I've had a thing for you for awhile now," I admitted to Spencer as we pulled into Quantico.
He giggled; it was adorable. "There's your car," I noted.
He nodded and unbuckled. "I'll meet you inside!" He called out.
     As soon as the door was closed I squealed like a little girl. I'd never been this happy.

I sat at the round table, Spencer right beside me. We held hands under the table so nobody would notice us.
     "Wheels up in ten!" Hotch announced, rising from the table; we all followed his lead.
"I'll see you on the plane," Spencer whispered to me quietly, before walking towards Penelope's office.

Penelope's POV

"I asked him out and he said yes!" Spencer squealed.
I forced myself to grin happily, although my heart was shattering.
"That's great!" I told him, forgetting he was a profiler.
His face fell. "What's wrong?" He asked me, cocking his head to the side.
"Nothing, Spence. Nothing." I smiled softly at him.
He opened his mouth to say more, but quickly shut it when he spotted the clock.
"The plane's leaving in two minutes!" He squeaked, scrambling to gather his belonging. "I won't forget this!" He told me as he walked out the door.
I giggled sadly as he left. As happy as I was for him, I loved Derek, more than anything. But if he was happy, I was happy.

Derek's POV

I watched Spencer hurry to the plane, smiling when he finally boarded. He was barely seated when the plane started moving.
     "Hey Pretty Boy what took ya so long?" I asked him as he plopped down next to me.
     "Sorry, I was talking to Penelope," he explained.
     "Did you tell her?" I inquired.
     He nodded, grinning a tiny bit. "Mhm. She's known that I've liked you forever," he whispered quietly so nobody else could hear.
     I felt the violent urge to kiss him, but I pushed those feelings away. I looked around, and noticed Hotch looking right at Spencer and I. I shifted around uncomfortably.
     "We need to be careful," I breathed to Spencer, moving my lips as least as possible. I glanced over to him; he was looking at Hotch too.
     "Mhm," was his only reply.