+ kitty - meeting the parents

Kitty had been bugging you for a while now about meeting your parents. Ever since your relationship started becoming more serious, she would ask about when she'd get to meet them. In all honesty, you want to meet her parents as well, but you were extremely nervous and kept making up excuses.

     You finally worked up the courage to ask your parents for help to set something up so that they could meet Kitty and you could meet her parents. They told you that they thought maybe having her family over for dinner would be a good idea.

{time jump: 1 week later}

  As soon as you arrived home from school, you quickly ran upstairs and began getting ready. You kept on your clothes from school, but redid your hair and makeup.

You tidied up your room and rushed downstairs to help make dinner and set the table at your parents' request.

Not long after, the doorbell rang and you could feel your heart rate picking up. You trailed behind your parents towards the front door. As soon as your mother opened the door, you were greeted with a smiling, obviously nervous, kitty and both her mom and her dad.

  The only other time you had seen kitty nervous was when she admitted her feelings for you and one other time when she thought she was getting kicked off the cheerios for skipping practice to hang out with you. Before these incidents, you hadn't thought that she was capable of getting nervous.

  You were quickly snapped out of your thoughts when your mom put her hand on your shoulder, signaling for you to introduce yourself. You shook hands with both kitty's mother and father, and briefly introduced yourself.

__

Throughout most of dinner, you noticed Kitty playing with her hands and fidgeting, you assumed due to nerves.

"Um where is your bathroom?" Kitty looked at your mom. "(Y/n), would you please show Kitty where the bathroom is?" your mother turned towards you. You hummed in response and got out of your seat. You lead Kitty out of the dining room and down the hall to the bathroom. You turned around to face her, you were about to speak but you saw a tear leave her eye, "Hey, hey, what's wrong?" you gave her a concerned look and rubbed her arm. "I-I don't k-know. I'm just so nervous, I really want your parents to like me. What if they don't?" she spoke, quietly. You removed a hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear. "I know they'll like you, sweetie. How could they not?" you cupped her face and wiped a tear from her cheek with your thumb. "You're amazing." you gave a warm smile and she reciprocated. You gave her a soft, gentle kiss, "I love you." you quickly realized what you had said and covered your mouth. "I mean- I didn't mean to- I did mean it- b-but i-"

   Kitty grabbed your hands and pulled you in for a kiss. She pulled away and looked you in the eyes, "(Y/n), I love you too."

    You smiled and wrapped your arms around her neck as she wrapped hers around your waist. "You should probably use the bathroom now." you spoke into her neck. She giggled, "Probably."