Chapter 32 - Screwed

Blood. There was lots of blood.

Papyrus had managed to grab his nephew when the first scream echoed, dragging his body up as blood started to stain his brightly covered shirt. The screams of those around them continued as the bystanders started to panic. Hands moved up to grasp Papyrus' arms as he found BoBo moving carefully.

How was he still awake? And moving like that?

Despite having just been stabbed, BoBo moved as if there wasn't a knife sticking out of his back. His hands grabbed at his Uncle before he was shoving both of them to the side on the ground, making them barely dodge another weapon.

"How are you-?" Papyrus asked, cut off when BoBo jerked them both out of the way for a second time.

"It's my species, it takes a lot more to kill us than just a single knife or gun!" BoBo explained, "But up we go!"

Before Papyrus could object, BoBo was dragging the two of them upwards and into the nearest alleyway on the street. Screaming bystanders ran past the opening, none of them paying attention to the two hidden away.

"Owie, big owie," BoBo mumbled lightly, reaching behind himself to remove the knife from his back.

"Here, I can heal you," Papyrus said, walking closer to him.

"You're so nice!" His nephew giggled, "But you don't need to use your magic on me, not right now. Do you have any ideas?"

"Ideas?" Papyrus asked for elaboration.

"You're amazing, and smart, so I know you can figure out a plan to get us out of this situation!" BoBo said, clapping his hands together. "Because my magic isn't working!"

Papyrus looked at him. "Your magic isn't working!"

"That knife that gave me a little bit of a stab, well, it had some sort of magic or ability to it because I can't do any of my usual stuff!" BoBo said, snapping his fingers. "Which is really sad, because if I could still use my happy aura I could try and calm down whoever was throwing their knives at us! Silly them, trying to go and kill me. That's a mean, yet memorable way for introductions!"

"I don't think now is the time to think about making friends," Papyrus said, looking back to the open alleyway. "Do you have your phone? I left mine at home."

"No, but I have stickers!" BoBo said, holding up a folded sheet of stickers. "Happy face, or- nah, who am I kidding, everyone always deserved a happy face!"

As if he had never been stabbed, BoBo walked to Papyrus and placed a sticker onto his white shirt. The teenager gave him a thumbs up.

"What are you- BoBo, I thought you had died! Do you know how worried I was?" Papyrus asked, "If you can't be killed by one stab wound, why did you fall like that? And why do you have stickers?"

"I think I fell because I wasn't prepared to suddenly have my magic just taken away, it's a really weird feeling.. Made me feel sick, and I just fell and couldn't move for a moment from it. 0/10, wouldn't recommend. But I always have stickers on me!" BoBo said, "So, what's your plan? Usually Silky is the one who makes these plans, so I have no idea what to do without my magic!"

Papyrus took another look at the opening they had just ran through. Was it another demon proxy, or just a Creepypasta? Why were they attacking them out of the blue? How did they even manage to disable BoBo's magic? And why did BoBo have so many stickers constantly?

There were a few options to take. If Papyrus found a phone or electronic, he could somehow get Ben and have him take BoBo back to their house, since Papyrus didn't want him to be in danger. How could he contact Ben? Honestly, Papyrus had no idea. It required some sort of code or website, and Papyrus simply didn't know how. Then, there was the problem of BoBo lacking his magic. Did they take it for good, or would the effect eventually fade?