The Rarest Rose

I have racked my brain looking for my fiancé

I have racked my brain looking for my fiancé. Elijah may be the sweetest, but he is unruly sometimes. To be awoken by the sound of your fiancé leaving without waking you is heartbreaking. Not even a kiss on the forehead, may I add.
That's how I ended up pacing holes into the foyer. Do I wait or do I search? Is the engagement over? Could I have done something wrong?

"Well good morning to you too."

I turn to see Niklaus walking past me with a smirk.

"Good morning. Happen to know where Elijah could be?"

"Last time I heard from Elijah was in the study last night. Something about Katherine and roses. Who knows, I don't pay much attention to the ramblings of a lovesick fool."

With that, he left me to my thoughts.

...

I sat there in the foyer all day. I watched the sunset, and my heart sank with it. Elijah has not called or shown his face. I was in tears. Until, I heard footsteps entering the foyer.

"Elijah is home."

Niklaus leaves with a smirk. Infuriated, I storm towards the staircase.

"My gorgeous bride, I hav-"

"Bullshit. Gorgeous bride my ass! Where have you been Elijah?! Someone told me about you getting Katherine roses. ROSES ELIJAH! MY FAVORITE FLOWER YOU GOT FOR HER!"

Elijah looks at me stunned and confused. He looks back at Nik standing by the stairway and smirks.

"You think this is funny?"

"Yes and no. No because you are clearly upset. Yes because I trust that information came from Niklaus."

I nod as Nik let's out a snicker.

"I SAID, that I needed to find you some roses. A certain kind. One that is not common among mere humans. No, a rose most suited for my bride. And then it dawned on me. The Juliet Rose is the rarest rose in the world. I knew a empress in Russia named CATHERINE THE GREAT that grew them from her garden. So, yes love I have been gone all day. And yes my love, I was getting roses for a girl. But that girl is you."

He showed me the most beautiful roses I have ever seen. A tear fell from my eye as I looked up. Tears were brimming his as lips got closer to mine. What a Romeo.