What did I say?

The family was sitting down for dinner as Elijah and Y/N enter the room

The tension was high between the two. Klaus and Rebecca could feel it.

"What's wrong?"

Rebecca whispered to me

"He is being an asshole as always sis."

I say as I roll my eyes in annoyance.

" I can clearly hear you"

Elijah says while looking up from his plate like a disappointed father.

"Okay so if you can hear us, then what's going on Lij?"
Rebecca says with a hint of annoyance in her tone.
Elijah shakes his head and proceeds to eat.
......

Time passes by and the room is silent. Klaus's knee was shaking the whole table as he became anxious and annoyed with Y/N and Elijah.

"Alright you two! We will sit here all night if we have to until someone tells me what the hell is going on here!"

Klaus shouts as he slams his fist on the table, rattling our dishes.

"Now Niklaus, we are trying to have a civil dinner. If Y/N wants to throw a temper tantrum because I forgot our anniversary then let her. We have more important matters at hand."

Everyone's jaw dropped as they heard Elijah speak ill towards his bride of 150 years.

" Elijah Mikaelson! You watch how you speak to her! Do you speak of mother with that mouth?"

Rebecca states enraged for her sister. Rebecca looks towards Y/N, but she was gone.

"Nice work big bro."

Kol states finishing his last bite and slams his napkin on the table. Kol raises and runs after Y/N. Following quickly behind him are Hailey, Hope, and Freya.

"I hope you are happy about yourself Elijah. That poor girl wanted nothing but a romantic evening with her husband. You should be ashamed with the way you treated her at dinner."

With that Rebecca left to comfort Y/N as well.
Elijah looks stunned as he sees Klaus stand to leave as well.

"What did I say?"

Elijah states with a bewildered look. Klaus pauses mid step and turns to look at him with a disappointed expression.

"You said enough Elijah."