eleven

Rose and Caspian were on the same horse after he had been crowned king. Her smile was wide. Caspian glanced at her over his shoulder and subtly winked at her. A blush covered her cheeks and she buried her head into his back. She felt him laughing.

Once the day celebration was over the night celebration arrived. Rose and Aslan stood beside one another, "all those years ago. When you told me my story didn't end here. Orieus finished it. He told me their was one last prophecy about me. The eldest Daughter of Eve will find herself. She will not retreat home but stay." Rose quoted. "It means I stay here, doesn't it?" She whispered.

Aslan sighed, "yes, Rose. Your story ends here in Narnia with Caspian. Not back in England with your family."

"But as you just said, they're my family. I can't just abandon them." Rose said quietly. Aslan shook his head.

"You're not abandoning them, Rose. You're merely leaving them for a short while. You return home whenever you'd like. But you know how time is here in Narnia. One year there was hundreds here. Everyone you know now will be gone."

"Just like last time. Do you know what happened to Oreius?" She asked him.

"He died in battle against the Telmarines years ago. Tumnus passed peacefully as well as the Beavers." Rose sniffed and whipped her eyes.

"You should break the news to them." Aslan nodded towards her siblings. She nodded and walked towards them.

"Hello." She said as she approached them, "hello." They all retreated.

"Um, may we go somewhere more quiet? I have something very important to tell you lot." Rose and the others stalked off.

Rose sucked in a deep breathe, "there's another prophecy about me. Just me. It says, the eldest Daughter of Eve will find herself. She will not retreat home but stay." Rose said. She looked at her siblings, "I'm staying guys. It's written in my blood."

They all stared at her, "no. You can't! You're not staying." Peter said.

"Peter!" Rose shouted her eyes clouding with tears, "I have to." She said quietly. Peter hugged her into him and held onto her extremely tight. Rose wrapped here arms back around him and she felt his body shake with gentle sobs. Cries wracked through her own body.

Each sibling joined their hug. All five crying.

»»»

Caspian had been informed of Rose's staying. Not that he disagreed with it. In the short amount of time the two had known each other they had fallen. And they fell hard.

The group approached the tree, "Narnia belongs to Narnians just as it belongs to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers." Caspian said to the crowd.

"It's been generations since we left Telmar." A man spoke up.

"We're not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run around on an island. There they found a cave, a rare cavern that brought them here from their world. The same word as our kings and queens. It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." Aslan explained to them.

"I will go." Glozelle said from in the crowd, "I will accept the offer."

"So we will." Miraz's once wife stepped up.

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good." Aslan breathed into them and the tree twisted until he seemed to appear as a door wavy

The three Telmarines walked thought and disappeared.

"Sire. If my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice trough with no delay." Reepicheep said.

"We will." Peter said. He looked to Rose, "we will?" Edmund asked, reluctant to leave his sister.

"Come on. Our times up. After all... we're not really needed here anymore." Peter handed his sword over to Caspian. He took it.

"I will look after it until you return."

"I'm afraid that's just it. We're not coming back." Susan said.

"We're not?" Lucy asked.

"You two are. At least, I think he means you two."

"But why? Did they do something wrong?" Lucy asked Aslan, "quite the opposite, dear. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own." Aslan said.

"It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be... but it's alright." Peter said to Lucy. "One day you'll see too."

Peter turned to Rose, he examined her face knowing this would probably be the last time he saw it, "Rosie." He whispered. Rose rushed into his arms. He quickly wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you, Peter. I love you so much." She whispered to him. Tears trailed down her face as she pulled away from Peter, "take care."

"You, as well. I love you, Rosie. So much." He said to her. His own eyes leaking tears. He moved so his other siblings could hug her.

First it was Susan, Susan hugged Rosie so tight, "I love you, Ro." Susan said to her as she pulled away. "I love you, too." Rose replied.

Edmund was next. Repeating the same as Susan. And then Lucy, "I'll miss you so much."

"We'll be back together soon, Lu. I just feel it." Rose said to her.

"I love you lot more than anything." Rose said to her siblings before they walked through.

"I love you too." They all replied. Rose let out a sob as they walked through. Caspian pulled her into him. She clung to him for dear life. Her cries rung out through the now silent plaza.

Trumpkin was crying as well, even Glenstorm let tear fall. You would've thought her entire family died before her eyes. In a sense, it was her dying. She would never see Peter or Susan again.

Caspian pulled Rose's face away from him and stared down at her, "I'm sorry, love." He said to her. He wiped her tears and leaned down catching her lips in his.

The crowd around them cheered. They pulled apart and laid their foreheads against one another, "you'll be crowned queen once again." Caspian said to her, "after I make you my wife."

_______________________________

word count : 1,069

I SOBBED WHILE TYPING THIS. LEGIT SOBBED SO HARD. MY HEART HURTS. IT'S SO HARD TO EXPLAIN HOW ATTACHED I'VE BECOME TO ROSE AND NOW I'M TORTURING HER!!!!

ugh, i absolutely hate myself. you lot probably hate me too. but it had to happen.

caspian and rose have all my uwus. they have a future together as king and queen of narnia.