When the system fails, Part 1

Ever since Jack fell into a coma, everything was put on Chase. The videos, the channel, the house, taxes, you name it, everything. Jack trusted him, the very reason this happened.
But it was quite the mistake, you see this, Chase was already dealing with his own issues. Not having the will nor energy to keep up with someone else's work. So there he sat, beer in hand. Forehead against Jack's desk, passed out and drunk.
Dry tears left on his face, lights not even cared for enough to turn off. Screen on and set to the recording settings. Editing software untouched, audio process simply blank. He'd passed out about five hours ago, just now blinking his weary worn eyes open. Headache hitting him like a truck going eighty.
He groaned, clutching his head, leaving the beer bottle on the table. Wandering off to find some pain killers. Opening the bathroom door weakly, he pried the medicine cabinet door open. Reaching in a pulling the very pill bottle he needed out.

He sighed, forgetting water as he took them then walking off to his bed, collapsing in it with single worn breath.
Chase rubbed his face, staring soullessly to the ceiling. His eyes were cold and grey, pigment leaving long ago. Why on earth did Jack think he of all people was cut out for this?

"I-I..don't fucking understand why you choose me for, this...." Chase's voice came slurred and quiet, barely a hiss as he shook his head, letting it loll to one side. Acting if he were speaking to Jack. When in reality, he was simply speaking to the air around him.

Chase finally managed to cry himself to sleep.. Yet again, this was most clearly not the first time. Every was the same to him, he thought to do the same things, day in day out.
Check in check out, just like a hotel for one day. You check in, eat, sleep, check out. It was almost a circadian rhythm to him, a heart beat, a simple way of living without actually enjoying anything.
Joy wasn't a thing to him, not at all. Well, until he woke up with a hopeful idea. Something almost unheard of with Chase, normally just slapping on a smile and going about his day was his thing.
But an actual spark of hope shimmered in his eyes as he shot up from the bed. If he couldn't do all this work himself. Why not get some help? It was a long shot but this was 2019! It was bound to exist by now, Jack had the money too. Not that mattered, he'd pay for it either way.
Chase got up swiftly for the first time in years, brushing his teeth and splashing himself with water to wake himself up. Snatching up a cup of instant coffee before rushing to Jack's- well, their PC, since he kind of worked here now.

He searched up android workers, humans wouldn't cut it, they needed money and food consistently. Nevermind that, they wouldn't trust Chase with his drinking problem and all. He'd rather play it safe anyways.
He scrolled aimlessly for about ten minutes, coming across one that caught his eye. One labeled with the name: 'Bing,' it looked decent. Well he thinks that, it actually looked human and well made.
Perfect, he smirked ordering the thing. Shipping was fast, since Jack lived in the city, the thing said to arrive at least later today. Now to play the waiting game.

On the other end, in a tile covered room, white fluorescent lights shone down. Making the room blinding, well at least to humans. Bing blinks its eyes open, its label said its very name, flickering on. It smirked, looking straight in front of it to its brother.
Who was named Google, its core flickering on just like Bing's. Bing smirked, looking to Google. They both must have got ordered at the same time. Hence them both awakening to see each other.
Bing's eyes glistened as it walked over to its fellow android. They shook hands,
"See you on the other side, Googs." Bing bidded it, Google nodding in return.
"See you on the other side, brother." Google smirked back, Bing nodding as well, a small beeping noise sounding as their carriers arrived.
"Time to hop in a box I guess." Bing chuckled, Google taking its humor well and smiling wider. They parted ways, walking into their appropriate carriers. Getting one last glance at each other, they waved, the boxes suddenly plunging down. Bing going into hibernation again to save energy.