Omake: Mother Always Knows

Uchiha Mikoto happily observed the marriage ceremony of Obito-kun and her granddaughter. Well, officially she was her niece, but she could afford to be honest in her thoughts as long as there were no Yamanaka around.

Honestly, she couldn't fathom how Fugaku thought that she wouldn't recognise the older counterparts of her children. But, she would let him have his delusions, for now. She never brought it up to Sasuke or Karasu because it was clear that both of them had emotional scars from their pasts. If having a new identity helped them deal with then she wouldn't deny them this comfort.

She was thankful that atleast Sarada had been spared from the worst horrors of shinobi life. Mikoto's granddaughter was a sweet girl and was responsible for the majority of recovery experienced by both her time traveling sons.

Mikoto was very pleased with her decision to marry Obito-kun. He was a sweet boy, if a bit clumsy and tardy. Nothing like that .. aah, how does Kushina put it - ' asshole with stick up his hole', that Fugaku proposed to Sasuke get her married to. Thankfully, Sasuke put an end to it. 

Sasuke, however, wasn't very pleased with Sarada's choice of groom either. It went beyond the normal hatred of son in laws by the daughter's father. Since, Obito-kun was living and breathing, and not a mass of charred flesh, it couldn't be something too terrible that he did in the future.

She shifted her attention to the other couple (to be) of team 7- Karasu and Kakashi-kun. Oh they weren't aware of their upcoming relationship just yet, but a mother's intuition is never wrong. While Sarada and Obito-kun were quicker to realise when their bitter rivalry to become Hokage had changed to affection, Kakashi-kun and Karasu were a bit emotionally immature to recognise such a change, despite being ahead of their peers in rest of the departments.

Mikoto was worried about Sasuke though. He was hardly ever in the village, and it looked like it physically pained him to interact with Fugaku and her. His 'children' tried to get him to stay in Konoha, utilising various means, including his fondness for Kushina's son, but at the end of the day, it seemed like he had given up on Konoha being his home.

Still, basking in the celebrations, Mikoto decided to not give up hope. Some wounds took longer to heal than others. The future already looked brighter than it did a few years ago. Maybe, one day, Sasuke would smile at her like little Izuna-chan did.