Chapter Three: Andie's and The Gang

"So, I'm guessing you told him you wasn't gonna show him around town?" Robin said with a small snicker as she slid into the passenger seat of Andie's car.

"Robin. Seriously? No matter how many times he was gonna try and bat those long eyelashes at me, I was not about to cave to him. I know his intentions too well." Andie scoffed as she threw her books in the backseat.

"Whoa, hold on. Did I just hear Andrea Sullivan say the closest thing to interest in a guy?" Robin pretended to be shocked, covering her mouth in amazement.

"I will make you walk home." Andie glared as she rolled down her window and started the car.

"Seriously, that's the first time I've heard you say something you've noticed about a guy in years." Robin said shifting in her seat to face Andie, amused that a guy had caught her friends attention.

"Well...well. Okay, okay he is handsome. Very handsome. But he's got the bad boy vibe written all over him. He completely sealed the deal when I seen just how he acted around all the girls at school today. Including myself. How dare he assume, I'm the teachers pet and that I'd have any interest in showing him around?" Andie said as she slid on some sunglasses and peered in the rear view mirror at herself.

"Okay, first off Andie your a goddess. I'm not just saying this because I'm gay, or because I'm your best friend. Literally guys drool all over you. And second, since when are you jealous if a guy pays attention to other girls?" Robin said raising her eyebrows at Andie.

"Well," Andie pondered as she turned to gaze out the window, towards the noticeable Camaro in the parking lot. "I can't answer that."

*************************************************

After dropping Robin off at her house, Andie headed towards Hawkins Middle School.

Ever since Andie had won a National Award for her science experiment two years ago, she had been offered a position as a after school science club teacher. The opportunity to teach young minds, the more enjoyable aspects of chemistry and science other than just bookwork.

It was completely hands on, and the kids soaked information in like a sponge. It was Andie's favorite pastimes. Okay, maybe she was a bit of a nerd...

Unlocking the door, Andie made her way down the hall to the chemistry room.

"Watch out, Andie!" Yelled a young boys voice filled with urgency.

In response Andie ducked into the hallway, just as a rocket strapped to a bottle went zooming over her head.

Andie pretended to scowl as she came into the classroom, complete with her arms folded over her chest and tapping her foot repeatedly on the tile floor.

"Dustin, Lucas, Mike, and Will..." all four boys peered at her from behind a desk, faces twisted on worry.

"You better get your asses over here and hug me, I haven't seen you guys all summer!" Andie exclaimed.

All four boys tumbled her way, arms outstretched with huge grins plastered on their faces. Andie had bonded with the boys last year when they had first joined her science club.

Andie laughed as a bright flash of orange and brown caught her eye from behind the boys.

Two teenage girls stood behind the boys, full of curiosity on who exactly this girl may be and how she stole the boys attention so quickly.