Chapter Five: Party Animal (Part Two)

"Carol, Tina?" Andie questioned briefly as the two continued to drag her through the crowd of alcohol reeking dancing teens.

"Hey girl! Listen we seen you trying to leave, and we just had to grab you!" Carol said with a suspicious smile.

"Me? But why?" Andie seemed genuinely puzzled by their sudden gesture.

She hadn't spoke to either of the girls since middle school. They had become self absorbed and more preoccupied with boys and booze the older they grew, finally outgrowing their friendship with Andie who didn't share those same interests obviously.

"Listen, we know we haven't talked in ages but you have to stay for the best part of this party. We're about to start the games." Tina said letting go of Andie's arm and tossing her hair out of her face. "You look like a babe tonight Andie, that's why Carol and I decided you had to stay. We know you haven't had a boyfriend in ages. We wanted to play matchmaker." She gave a small wink, as if to suggest that Andie needed more excitement in her life.

"I'll only stay if Robin plays too." Andie says with a small panic in her voice.

Although this was her first party, she knew the games didn't consist of monopoly and candy land.

"Alright, deal." Tina said with a small smirk. "Carol go grab Robin and I'll start setting up the games." Tina directed.

Andie stood quietly backed against a wall, as the world slowly turned by in front of her. A million excuses ran through her brain on how she could escape the situation. Maybe say she needed to get homework done? That her grandmother that lived two hours away was sick, and needed someone to take care of her. Yet everything she thought of, had a loophole somewhere. Without a genuine phone call or someone to back her up claims, she wouldn't be able to leave willingly, without being ridiculed first.

Andie bit her bottom lip wishing she wouldn't have been talked into coming in the first place, just as Robin came strutting through the crowd.

"What the hell? What in the world has possessed you to want to play games?" Robin said with a confused look on her face. "Did you end up drinking something when I wasn't around?"

"What? No. Look Tina and Carol pulled me into this, I was just about to come outside and look for you to get out of here." Andie said pulling Robin to the side and lowering her voice.

Robin finally understood, as she slapped her hand to her forehead.

"I know that look Robin. What's wrong?" Andie said as her eyebrows furrowed together.

Robin gave a nervous glance at her genuinely innocent friend, and shifted her feet uncomfortably.

"Well, I overhear some guys talking to Carol and Tina about you and how they wished they could get you to talk to them...and we'll I never thought to come tell you. Honestly I didn't know that Tina and Carol would pull out games to appease some drunk asshole boys." Robin said rubbing the back of her neck.

Andie thought back to how Tina and Carol mentioned the word matchmaker, and everything clicked into place.

"Robin, we have to get out of here now." Andie said as she looped her arm through Robins and started towards the door.

"Alright girls and guys, I know everyone is having fun, but if you wanna have some real fun come join us girls in the pantry for some party games!" Tina's voice boomed as she caught Andie's arm and tugged her to rest by her side.

Andie gave a nervous smile as a crowd of teens eyes were suddenly on her and the other three girls.

"Now Andie, your going first. So no trying to escape now." Tina said with a fake smile and a shake of her index finger.