Problems

-2 months later-
-day of Olympic roster release-

"What if Jill doesn't pick me, I've worked my butt off to be fit enough, and I know I'm almost there now so I'll definitely be perfect in another months time," Kelley tells me panicked as she paces around our kitchen.

After the wedding, I went back to London again and played with Carli in her first match for Man City which was a lot of fun. Kelley couldn't travel for a while so I travelled to her a lot during weekends and helped with her recovery process.

It was difficult at first with all the flying and matches but after Kelley got clearance to fly she could stay with me for longer periods of time which meant we could build a routine. She saw the City physio whenever I went to training and did her exercises with them so I knew that she was getting the best treatment.

Luckily for me, it meant she was here to see all my matches and I made sure to kiss my wrist so she knew all the goals were for her. Carli and I seem to be a linking up amazing and have been dubbed the 'American Thunders' by the news.

I flew back home to Kelley last night since she just started training with Sky Blue again and I wanted to be there when she got back. Currently, she's pacing around the room because we're expecting to receive calls from Jill soon letting us know it we've made the 18 player roster for Rio.

As you can tell, Kelley is extremely stressed, she doesn't think Jill will include her in the team but there's no way she's that stupid to not.  I'm trying my best to be calm for Kelley but I'm panicking myself inside.

"Love, can you please sit down, you're making me nervous too," I ask my girlfriend

"Right, yeah I'm sorry," she says and takes a seat next to me. We sit in silence for all of 2 seconds when Kelley stands up again.

"Ugh why can't she just email us all at the same time instead of ringing separately! Like that's just torture for us all" Kelley complains for the 5th time today.

I've officially given up on trying to calm her down because this woman seems to be as crazy as a kid who's just had an entire bag of sweets.

After 10 more minutes of Kelley turning her phone on for the 500th time while I tried to not bang my head on the table, her phones finally goes off.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, it's Jill," Kelley says staring at the called ID while glancing up at me.

"Bloody answer it then," I say

"Shit, yeah forget you had to donthat" Kelley mumbles as she accepts the call and puts the phone to her ear.

"Hey Jill. I'm good thanks, how are you? Great! Wow, thank you so much for believing in me coach, I won't let you down. Okay, will do, thank you again, Jill. Speak to you soon" Kelley says ending the call with a huge smile on her face.

"and?" I ask waiting for her to tell me even though I've got a pretty good clue what the answer is.

"I'm going to the Olympics!!" She screams out loud and starts doing her happy dance. I run over to her and spin her around.

"I'm so happy for you sweet cheeks, I know how hard you worked for this," I say giving her a kiss on the lips.

"it actually happening! I'm going to the Olympics again" She says the huge grin not leaving her face.

"I need to call Alex and Allie," She says and goes straight to her phone

"put them on facetime babe," I say as she calls the two other players