Part 13

Harry's pov

I stared into the air my eyes unfocused. My wandering mind flying me to distant places. It had always seemed that was alone in life, no parents, no family. That was until I came to Hogwarts. Everything changed then, suddenly for the first time in my life I had friends, a real family. And that family had started with Ron and Hermione, they were the people who were always there, the people who kept me stable. And now one of the people that kept and still keep me sane, one of the people who stuck by me whatever dangers we faced, one of the people who I love most in the world was dying in front of my eyes. She was lying on the hospital bed her face ghostly pale, muttering non-sensical words. She was my rock, my best friend.

"It's so weird thinking back to when I first met you" I thought out loud " and that in that moment I had no idea you would have such a big impact on me."

"What a plot twist you were."

I brushed her hair off her face so I could get a better look at her peaceful expression. "How did I get so lucky to get a friend like you? "

"In the middle of my chaos there was always you . And I want you to know that if you don't wake up you will always be my biggest 'what if'"

In that moment I realised how utterly blind I had been. In that moment my heart spilled out its true feelings. I sat there drowning in self hatred as tears cascaded down my cheeks.

How could have not noticed this before.

How could I have not noticed the full extent of my feelings. My stupid damn heart had concealed my true feelings for too long and now it was bursting with anguish.

"God damn it Hermione." I cursed. "It was always going to be you"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Sorry for the short chapter I've been really busy. I thought that this short chapter worked ok.

Please comment and vote
Nev xxx