chapter 2

"Hey, Pearl! Hey, Dad!" He yelled to them. His dad saw him and greeted back "'Ey, schtu-ball." Then pearl greeted him "Steven! I'm learning to play the bass" she pronounced it like the fish and stevens dad explained that he keeps telling her it's pronounced "base". Pearl spoke after him "Excuse me, b-a-s-s spells 'bass'" Greg smiled and said "You're the boss!" To which Pearl responded with "Heck yes, I am." She then jumped onto the roof of Greg's Van, as she continued singing her part of the song.

"Once upon a time, I only lived to be of Pink Diamond's service,
Till the day the two of us snuck down to be on this planet's surface
We became our fantasy,
And I was sure she set me free"

As Pearl sang, the memories of her being Pink Diamond's servant, until they visited Earth and Pink reformed to be Rose Quartz goes through hwr mind.

"But in the end, I guess I never left her side
And after love and loss and all the tears that I cried,
I find that... "

She jumped off the van

Steven and Pearl sang togetger

"Here we are in the future!"

Steven, Pearl and Greg laughed together, and Lion walked over to Steven's side. "Hey, buddy." Steven said petting Lion. "I'm heading into town." He said. Greg asked steven "See ya at the concert tonight?" Steven smiled at his father "Wouldn't miss it for the world!" He then steped back a bit and dived into Lion's mane. Holding his breath, Steven continued humming the song as he walked around to Lars' tree in the distance. Upon reaching the island, he stoped and fell backwards into the grass.

"Here we are!".Steven emergeed from Lars' head and Garnet caught him on a chair, seating him down next to the Off Colors at a table, as Lars served an ube roll. "I saved you a seat." Garnet said to Steven. "Thanks Garnet! Hey guys, what'd I miss?" He asked and Garnet gave an answer "You're just in time for my favorite part of the story."

"Once upon a time, a Sapphire came to Earth with her Ruby soldier
Sapphire's deadly fate was set until the Ruby rushed in to hold her
Suddenly, they were fusing;
Beautiful, strange, confusing"

As Garnet sings, her memories ran through her mind of how Ruby and Sapphire first met 5,752 years ago at the Ancient Sky Arena. Sapphire was confronted by a past Pearl, Ruby rushed in to protect her from Pearl's strike, and the two fused together for the first time

"And there I was, a bundle of questions, so naive,
That if you told me this I never would have believed you then, but..."

Steven and Garnet sing together

"Here we are in the future!"

"Lemme just save this". He then bubbles away a slice of ube roll.

"Hey, any idea what Amethyst is up to?" Garnet fixed her glasses "I have every idea what everyoneis up to. You'll find her if you head to Little Homeworld. Take the Warp." Steven warped onto a warp pad that was suspended in the air by ropes. He almost steped off the warp pad, but Amethyst caught him in time with her whip and pulled him back in. "Whoa! Careful dude!" She said to Steven. They then exchange a secret handshake. "Pew! Pew! One, two, three, hup!"

"Thanks, Amethyst. Whoa!" Steven grabed hold onto the rope as the warp pad was lifted upwards. Bismuth and Lapis Lazuli are seen on a platform attached to the crane, which holds the warp pad. Bismuth saw Steven "Steven! You're just in time! We're about to install the new warp." She yelled to him. Peridot then came hovering in on a trash can lid, levitated by her ferrokinesis, as she looked at her tablet. "Which means Little Homeworld is 83.7% complete" she said "Only 83.7%? We'd better get cracking." Lapis spoke before flying  off the crane. "I'm on it!" Bismuth began cranking the crane handles, turning the crane around. Amethyst and Steven looked out over Little Homeworld from the warp pad, at the various Gems below working hard to build Little Homeworld. "Wow. Little Homeworld's growing fast." He said amazed. "So are you." Amythest teased him beforw shapeshifting into Steven "Look at me! I'm a young adult!" Steven chuckled as Amethyst shapeshifted back to normal and spoke "I love that all these Gems want to make their new home on Earth. Wish I'd had this when I first emerged."

"Once upon a time, I burst to life inside of the Kindergarten;
Product of a war that I had no idea I had a part in
I came out late and alone,
Knew nothing but my home"

As Amethyst sang, she remembered when she first emerged from Prime Kindergarten, long after the other Quartzes are gone. A newly-"born" and lost Amethyst wandered around the Kindergarten without a clue, until the Crystal Gems found her and she became who she is today.

"But I know now exactly who I'm s'posed to be,
And it's a part of this family!"

The warp pad Steven and Amethyst were standing on was slowly lowered into the ground, and they both jumped down as it was inserted into a hole on the ground. "So, whaddya think?" She asked Steven

"If I could just stop, right here and be~"

Steven continued singing the song as Garnet and Pearl warped in.

"Finally done!
Finally us!
Finally we..."

Steven and Amethyst ran up to Garnet and Pearl on the warp pad, and Steven uses his phone to take a wefie. (No, not selfie, wefie. It's spelled right)

The four Crystal Gems then began running through a grass field,

"Are in the future!"

"Here we are in the future, and it's bright,
Nothing to fear, no one to fight
I can't believe we've come so far! Happily ever after..."

"Happily ever after..."

"Happily ever after"

"Here we are!"

After the song ends, Steven and the Gems headed to the lighthouse hill, laying on the grass and basking under the sun. Steven picked a flower, stuck his pinkie in his mouth and used his healing spit to restore the flower he picked.

"I want everything to stay exactly like this and never change." Pearl spoke first "Agreed" then Amethyst "Here, here" Steven askes Garnet "How's the future look, Garnet? Do we all stay just like this forever?" Garnet adjusted her visor, smiling while using her future vision, when she suddenly sat up and frowns saying "No!"