¹ 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

⁰⁰     ▇ ¨. ༢ ͎۪۫ 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ... ❜

━━  ❛  the 𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍

━━  ❛  the 𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍. ❜  ‧˖˚. ☄︎ ͎۪۫ ◞⁺.
❪ part 01. location: the glade.
©kiiizones, all rights reserved ❫.

               𝑬𝑴𝑰𝑺 𝑯𝑨𝑫 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑮𝑶𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑵 what it felt like to lose someone. That being said, she'd forgotten most things. But from what she could gather, losing someone you loved was one of the most painful things a person could go through.

No one had spoken. She had watched them carry his writhing body away, and haul him into the Pit. Even now, she could hear his gurgling screams. That was the only prominent sound. Everything else was silence.

The sun's rays were washed out. It was as if they had faded into a cool, dark grey. Clouds rolled across the high sky. Ben's wails curled through the air like thick, black smoke. Casting a shadow over the Glade. People were mourning for his inevitable death before he had even stopped breathing.

Emis sat underneath a willow tree. It was a veil that kept her away from prying eyes. It meant that she could sit there, hiding her lack of sadness from the others.

She had tried to feel sad. But she couldn't bring herself to do it. She didn't know Ben half as well as the others; not nearly enough to cry at his death. She knew it was horrible, and that he shouldn't be leaving at such a young age. But all she could feel was disgust.

This was obviously some sick game. There were higher powers, somewhere. The feeling of constant monitoring hadn't left her since that morning, when Newt opened the crates. And wherever they were, they played a part in this. In torturing them. Trapping them inside a nest of monsters, with nowhere to go but straight into the middle. She could taste bile, feel it climbing up her throat. She swallowed it back down. This isn't the time. She said to herself. She didn't think anyone could take it if she lost it now.

"Emis?" She glanced up. Newt had pulled a handful of leaves aside, half his body already inside the willow drapes. His face was weary. He looked like he had given up.

She shifted. "Yeah?"

He let the curtain fall behind him. "I started to get worried when I couldn't find you." He smiled sadly, sitting himself down next to her. "You faring okay?"

She shrugged. "I'm definitely not as bad as everyone else." She replied, reaching down to fiddle with a few stray blades of grass. "It feels so different."

"Yeah." Newt sighed. "We haven't lost someone in a while."

"You haven't lost him yet," she reminded him. He stared at her. He shook his head.