² 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚.

⁰⁰     ▇ ¨. ༢ ͎۪۫ 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 ... ❜

━━  ❛  the 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕

𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕. ❜  ‧˖˚. ☄︎ ͎۪۫ ◞⁺.
❪ part 02. location: the maze.
©kiiizones, all rights reserved ❫.

             "𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑳, 𝑰 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 to say I'm disappointed." Gally released a horrible choking sound as Ryan jerked the neck of his shirt upwards. "Come on. After all he's done? Nobody wants this shank to die?" The Griever key clattered to the floor. Clearly affronted by their lack of response, Ryan's face settled into one of cool disinterest. "Well, then. I guess we can all have a  nice, polite, grown-up conversation instead."

"Ryan." Emis was surprised to find that her voice was steady. She made to take a step forwards, and instantly Ryan had cocked the gun into position.

"No, no you stay right there, Emis." He said, his voice trembling. "Nobody moves, unless you'd like me to paint this room with the insides of Gally's skull. I'll do it!" He said, as if trying to confirm it within himself.

"Ryan." It was Newt who spoke this time. "You've been stung━"

Anger cracked across Ryan's face like lightning. "No I haven't." He said, his voice sharp and cold like ice. "No–no–no, I haven't!" He started to sing it, the horrible grin twisting back into place. "No, I haven't been stung." Blood and spit sprayed out from his mouth as he said, "I'm just fucking crazy!"

"We can talk, Ry━" Newt said, holding out his hands as if to try and calm him down. "Just━just let him go. Put him down━"

"No!" Ryan's voice rose to a high, uncontrollable shout. "No. Ask me how I survived. Ask me how I survived the Maze." He jerked the back of Gally's shirt upwards again. "ASK me!"

"How did you survive?" Winston asked, hastily. Ryan grinned at him. He moved so that his arm was locked around Gally's throat, and Emis felt a small quell of relief as he moved the gun away from him.

And pointed it directly at her.

"You." He spat, in another shower of spit and blood, he said, "You little bitch. You're the reason I survived."

"Ryan," Emis heard her voice from a distance, as if she weren't the one speaking it. "What are you talking about?"

Ryan moved towards them, hauling Gally with him until he stood only a few feet away. This close, Emis felt her skin flare with a cold rush of fear. She felt exposed, suddenly. As if Ryan were flying bullets, and she had nothing to shield her from him.