Tourist Trapped

Dipper looked out the bus window as the trees passed him by. He felt his sister's head on his arm although he couldn't tell if she was still awake or not. It had been a long bus ride but he could tell it was almost over when he saw the sign in the distance. "Welcome to Gravity Falls."

"This sucks." He mumbled under his breath.

Mabel sat up and stretched her arms. "Awh come on don't be like that. This is a great opportunity for summer fun and adventure!"

Dipper rolled his eyes. "I'd rather be at home."

The bus came to a stop and they took their bags off. They followed the signs they were told to.

"What the hell is a Mystery Shack?" Dipper said out loud. The annoyance was thick in his voice.

"Umm a shack full of mystery. Duh." Mabel said in a mocking tone. "Besides I thought you liked mysteries and stuff like that?"

"I do." Dipper admitted. "I just...I don't know. This just sucks. Spending all summer at a place where we don't know anyone. Our birthdays going to suck. None of our friends here when we turn sixteen. " His voice went from angry to sad as they approached the shack.

Dipper knocked on the door and a tall old man in a suit answered. "Oh hey, you two are Dipper and Mabel right?" They nod their heads with uneasy looks on their face. "Sorry I just haven't seen you two since you were babies. I'm your Great Unc-err your Grunkle Stan. Get it? It's like Great Uncle." Stan stood their for a moment waiting for a reaction. He sighed and started walking back inside. "Your room is upstairs."

Dipper gave Mabel a look of confusion and they went inside. They entered their room and lay down their luggage. "There's a goat on my bed." Dipper said glaring at the goat chewing at the wallpaper above his bed. He smacked it on the back and it scampered out of the room.

"Dipper you should be nicer to the goat, it didn't do anything to you."

He was getting more annoyed by the second. "This is all so stupid."

She walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. "Cheer up. We have each other which means no matter what we'll be fine."

He smiled slightly. "Thanks Mabel. I'm gonna go take a walk and blow off some steam."

"Don't get lost. I'll come find you after I'm done hanging up all my posters."

Dipper walked through the woods throwing rocks at trees. 'This summers gonna suck.' He kept thinking to himself. He beamed a rock at a tree and heard a loud cling ring out as if he had just struck metal.

'What the hell?' The mouthed as he walked closer to inspect the tree. He knocked on it and heard the same metal sound. He brushed away some of the dirt and noticed a panel on the tree. He peeled it back and found a strange machine inside. "Holy shit!" He said out loud. He started fiddling with the machine and flicking the switches. Then he heard another noise.

Dipper turned around and saw a opening in the ground. He approached it cautiously and saw a hidden compartment holding a large book. He picked it up and dusted it off. The cover had a six fingered hand and the number 3 on it.

Dipper read through it and became glued to the pages. The small town he thought would be the bane of his summer may actually be a hub for the weirdest happenings in the country. "I don't believe this." He said under his breath.