People say loves a game, a game you just cant win

(This song comes in handy later^^)
(This takes place around 5/6 months after they escaped)

Gerard and Brendon had gone on an errand run and told Frank he couldn't come along. He was a little confused but agreed anyway.

He was arranging the cans when a familiar voice called, "Frank is that you?"

Frank looked up. "Ryan?"

Ryan turned the corner and his delicate figure came into view. Frank moved the candle so it was in front of him, lighting up Ryan's face. "Hi Frank" he greeted. He sat down and focused on straightening his shirt. "I heard that you left the sewers. I came to see if that was true or not. It- it was. I was just wondering why you left. And why you came back." Ryan looked up. "Wait that sounded rude! I didn't mean-"

"It's okay, I get what you mean." Frank chuckled. "I didn't leave, I was captured. Taken against my will-"

"They didn't kill you?" Ryan asked.

"No. I found a guy that I'd been friends with before this life." Frank explained. "So yea, I was taken there, he didn't remember me. He has a friend that I've made good friends with. He let me stay with him and in turn, I helped him remember."

"Who?"

Frank met Ryan's eyes. He felt so bad that he hadn't seen Brendon in so long. "Uhm, I stayed with Gerard.." he said quietly, looking away. "Ugh I feel so bad that you haven't seen Brendon in so long! It's not fair that I-" he stopped. "It's not fair that I got to see him." He looked back at Ryan who was oh so confused. Frank did catch a glimpse of sadness in his eyes. "I do have a surprise for you though."

And as if they'd planned it out, Gerard called, "Frankie? Who are you talking to love?" Franks heart did somersaults. He smiled at Ryan who sat quietly.

Brendon being his normal annoying self had to say something. "Yea! I hope you haven't gone insane in the last few hours that we've been gone." He called. Then a loud slapping noise echoed through the halls.

Ryan's eyes immediately lit up at Brendons voice. "You didn't-" he said covering his mouth. "You didn't actually bring him here-" tears rolled down his cheeks as he laughed. He stood up and ran down to the source of noise. "Brendon!" He called. Something dropped and Ryan disappeared. Laughing filled the air around them.

Gerard walked over to where Frank was sitting. "I'm sorry we left you alone so long, there was a bit of...trouble." Gerard put some bags down.

"Are you okay?" Even though the flickering candle light wasn't much, it was enough for Frank to tell that Gerards once long black hair, was now short and bright red. "Gerard your hair!"

"Do you like it?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

Frank stood up and messed it up a bit. "I love it. It looks really nice."

Gerard raised an eyebrow. "Well if it looks so nice, stop messing it up!" He grabbed Franks hand and put it over his shoulder and in one swift motion, their lips were together and moving in sync. Frank giggled against his lovers lips. "What's so funny?" Gerard smiled.

"It's nothing," Frank said between Gerards small pecks. He moved his other arm so it was around Gerards neck.

Gerard watched Frank closely, whose eyes focused on his lips. "It's not nothing."

Frank looked in Gerards eyes. "It's just funny how when we first met, i was the one pushing you around, making you squirm. And now it's the other way around."

"It's funny how things change huh."

"Mhm"

Brendon and Ryan's laughing had died down. All that was left was silent sniffles and multiple quiet 'i love you's

"Oh, I have a surprise for you." Gerard whispered.

Frank raised his eyebrows. "Oh really?"

Gerard scoffed. "Yes. Why wouldn't I surprise you?"

Frank shrugged. "I don't know, people usually don't."

Gerard smiled. "Ah but they don't love you like I do."

Frank chuckled. "Okay Romeo." Gerard smiled and tucked a piece of Franks long black hair behind his ear. They admired each other for a moment. A moment they'd both hang onto. "What's this surprise anyway?"

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise sweetheart." Gerard tapped Franks nose.

"iF I toLd yOu iT wOuLnT bE a SuRpriSe" Frank mocked him quietly. Gerard rolled his eyes and caught Franks lips with his own. "If you wanted me to shut up, you could've told me." Frank whispered.

"Yea but I like this better." Gerard closed the space again. They fit together like puzzle pieces. They were always in sync. I guess you could say, they were perfect for each other.

-

"Come on! The sun is setting!" Gerard pulled Frank.

Frank walked slowly just to piss Gerard off. "I'm coming! I'm coming!"

Gerard squinted at Frank. "Fuck you."

Frank only laughed. "I'd fuck me too." Gerard ducked and grabbed Frank by his legs, throwing him over his body. "Gerard! What the fuck??" Frank exclaimed.

Gerard continued to walk. "You were taking too long. I had to figure something out."

Once they got to the ladder, Gerard put Frank down. "Climb." He instructed. Frank folded his arms and looked up at Gerard.

"No I don't think I will."

He turned Frank around. "Climb."

Frank looked up the ladder. "It's still a no."

"Fine." With one smack to Franks ass, Gerard ducked under Frank again and situated themselves so Frank was sitting on his shoulders. Frank gasped. Gerard smirked. "You're gonna need to open the top."

"Yes yes I know" he retorted.

Gerard began to climb and once they'd gone up enough, Frank lifted the cover and moved it to the side. Frank got off Gerard and allowed him to get out all the way.

Frank watched as Gerard ran over to a small circle of candles and an old beat up radio outside the circle.

"Gerard, this looks like a sacrifice." Frank joked.

Gerard pressed play on the machine and ran back over to Frank. He grabbed his hand and led him inside the circle. The CD scratched a bit but then the song began.

(See the video at the top?? That's where this comes in handy)

"Put your head on my shoulder.."

Frank smiled. "Gerard, this is so cheesy." Gerard smiled and bowed.

"Will you please dance with me?" He looked up at Frank. Frank rolled his eyes.

"Sure"

The sun was setting and they were slow dancing to a scratchy CD in the middle of an abandoned street. Super cliche.

"Won't you kiss me once, baby." Gerard sang quietly. Frank smiled and sighed.

"Just a kiss goodnight, maybe." Frank joined.

"You and I will fall in love." Gerard whispered and kissed Franks cheek.

They danced as the sun set and even after the song ended. Gerard went back and replayed it everytime.

Gerard whispered. "Im so happy I moved in next to you that day, all those years back." Frank nodded in agreement.

"I can't imagine a world without you." Frank sighed. 

Gerard smiled. "So don't."

Frank chuckled. "I won't."

Gerard pulled away and looked Frank in the eyes. "I love you."

Frank smiled and interlocked their lips. There was no need to tell him what he already knew.