Little people

I was panicking internally, if rain found out about the Scientist's machine I would just fall into the same room as the Emperor's

"You there gelfling!" I called out to Rian, it sounded demanding on accident.

He froze stiff, the slowly turned to face me.

"Yes my Lord," he said sheepishly.

"Take the day of with your lady friend and have the substitute Capitan deal with the spitter you have spotted, understand?" I ordered.

He was baffled, but nodded and he and Mira left my presence as collan went to find the spitter.

"My Lord, how did you -" Skekvar wondered.

"Come join me as my security to ha'ra." I informed him.

He didn't think twice as he climbed in the carriage and sat down in front of me. He may have not been the smartest Skeksis but he was loyal to the Emperor, if I ever wanted to find out how I got here his assistance would be greatly appreciated.

"Hmmm, Skekvar do you like games?" I asked, knowing that the trip to the capital would be long.

"Not in particular, why?" He said confused.

"I wish to play one called "I spy" have you heard of this before?" I said giving him a hint of the boredom I was in.

"Yes the guards play it when they have to be on the Outposts, do you wish to play?" He asked.

"Indeed," I responded.

"Then I shall go first, I spy with my little eye something green." He said.

"Tree," I deadpanned knowing that this was going to be a long trip.

After a few rounds of "I spy" and "criteria" we reached the gelfling capital.

"Three. Two. One" I counted, and on que our carriage mad a quick stop and Skekvar was thrown out of his set. his face was the incarnate of rage. He poked his head out and yelled bloody murder to anyone in ear shot.

"What seems to be the problem general?" I Snickered.

"One of the all-Maude's daughters almost got ran over,  what should we do?" He asked, still upset over the whole ordeal.

"Simple, we bring he in and take her home, it would also look good for publicity." I muttered the last bit in his ear.

Skekvar the ordered the gelfling to enter the carriage and even gave some effort to help her.

As she entered, I instantly recognized her a Brae. She, like I expected, had ink on her face and was holding a notebook.

"I am so sorry my Lord, I wasn't looking where I was going and entirely ruined you trip to my mother," she was going to go on some more but I stopped here.

"It is all right, we were bored anyway, you just put a little spring back into the general's step." I chuckled.

She looked more relived and sat down next to me. She looked at me like I was some sort of God, I didn't like the idea of that so I came up with an idea.

"Say, do you like riddles?" I asked her.

She looked at me funny. Then she thought about her response and then nodded.

"Ehm, I am forward and backwards, I consume all thing and even the very rocks, you can not run from me or hide me, what am I?" I told her and she seemed to be having trouble with the information.

"Are you prehaps, Time." She said with conference.

"Correct!" I shouted with enthusiasm.

I wanted to do it again, unfortunately we reached out destination. Skekvar exited the vehicle and then help me out as I help Brae out.

We entered the throne room of the all-Maude and I heard one of her older sister muttering something. I then noticed her mother giving her the death glare.

"You mother looks cross with you young lady, but do not fear I will assist you in any way I can." I whispered.

She then thanked me with a hug and ran over towards her sisters. I then have my attention to this matter at hand as the All-Maude began a speech, I didn't pay any attention to it as I just began to realize what I was doing.

I was messing with the order of events that would lead to the original film, I might just be able to survive the great conguncton and go back to my home. My family is probably worried sick, or maybe I'll just go back to the night I was sent here, I hope so.

As I shook my thoughts all the gelfling bowed an chanted,

"All hail the Skeksis, all hail the Lord's of the Crystal."

This could be interesting.