F I V E

Cara had woken up first from the morning light skinning down on the group. The breeze was warm and smelled of fresh forest. Cara looked over at the three others sleeping together. The Mandalorian still had his arm around the girl and she was nuzzled deep into his chest, almost shivering from her torn shirt. The baby was cuddled in between them peacefully asleep. Laesy shifted a little in her sleep and the Mandalorian wrapped his arm tighter around her. There was still a little way to go until they would reach the village and Cara didn't bother waking them up. She leaned back and closed her eyes looking up towards the warm morning sun.

The transport stopped a short while later. Laesy woke up with a jerk. Her eyes snapped open and she was met with a very shiny sight. Shifting her head slightly she glanced up towards the Mandalorian and realized she was still curled on his chest. The villagers were starting to approach the vehicle and the child had woken up and was smiling at them with wide eyes. He was going to like it here. Laesy slowly started to get up but was held in place by something. She soon realized that the Mandalorian had his arm around her. Laesy tried to snake her way out of his arm without waking him up. After several attempts she could feel the arm slowly star to lift off her and she looked up at the Mandalorian. He cleared his throat and this was her que to get up. Laesy grabbed the child and dismounted from the transport and headed towards Cara who was speaking with a woman.

"Hello. Welcome." A gentle woman said with a warm smile spread across her lips. Laesy nodded to the woman and the child in her arms cooed. After exchanging introductions, Omera, she learned was the gentle woman, led them to their respective sleeping quarters. Omera led the Mandalorian and Laesy to a fairly large structure.

"I'm sorry that all we have is the barn." Omera said apologetically.

"This is perfect. Thank you." The Mandalorian moved further into the barn and started placing his thing on the far wall.

"I have placed some blankets in the corner for you to use." Omera gestured with a smiles.

"Thank you," Laesy said "This will do just fine." Laesy placed the child she had been holding in the crib Omera provided.

"Can I get you anything else?"

Laesy smirked, "Spotchka?"

The Mandalorian immediately turned around from his task. "No!" His reply firm. Laesy glared at him, daggers in her eyes. He had no right to decide what she can and can't have.

"With supper tonight?" Omera offered and Laesy nodded with a small timid smile.

They both began to unpack once Omera had left the barn. Laesy started placing the little belongings she had with her in a corner and turned to help the Mandalorian with his numerous crates. After unpacking in silence for a while, she paused and turned towards the Mandalorian, after something dawned on her.

"There's only one cot." Laesy said. She didn't particularly want to sleep on the floor but if she had to she would. She was more concerned about his privacy.

Does he sleep with all his armour on?

"I'll sleep on the floor, over there." The Mandalorian gestured towards the corner next to the crib. Laesy felt bad.

"No its fine. It's warm here and I want you to be comfortable. I'll just sleep outside, after getting new clothes from Omera of course." Laesy brushed her hands up and down her shirt, feeling every rip along the only sleeve remaining. "Some sleeves ought to do the trick!" Laesy smiled in the Mandalorians direction.

"If you so desire." He said flatly and returned to unpacking. Laesy's brow frowned and she was shocked he would agree but she had suggested it so she had to live with it. Shrugging she left the barn in search of clothing.