T E N

A day after the Mandalorian had left for his job, Laesy had been feeling a little worried.

Was he okay, is he coming back, did he get captured, is he going to get the money?

Her heart had gone from hating his guts, to worrying about him the minute he had left but she would never let him know. She had realized that without the Mandalorian she would have been in the middle of nowhere, but now she has him to protect her and she gets to take care of this amazing green child.

Being in the hanger wasn't the greatest place for her, but she decided to take the time to help the mechanic, who she later figured out is named Peli. Apparently he had told Peli to not allow her droids to help repair the ship, Laesy found this odd, and for that if they wanted to get off this dry planet any time soon, she needed to get to work on repairing.

The two of them had gotten up early to work on the ship and had worked for the better part of the morning under the two suns beating down on them. Sweat was beading down her newly tanned skin and making her dark auburn hair cling to her forehead. She had been draining the tank so that they could get repairs on it when the door to the bay opened. Laesy heart skipped a beat.

"Mando?" Laesy said in a relieved tone turning around, hoping to see him.

"Not quite, princess." The man that Mando had left with, named Toro, said while pointing his blaster at Peli. "I'd put your weapon on the ground, if I were you."

Laesy contemplated for a moment. She could take this guy, but not without Peli getting hurt. She wasn't fast enough to shoot first. The tension in the air was suffocating. She slowly unbuttoned her holster, taking out her blaster with only her pointer and thumb, bringing it out and dropping it on the floor. All the while she stared at the man, she wished she could strangle this man to death. If he laid a hand on Mando...

"You're smart, I like that. Now, cuff yourself." He said throwing a pair of restraining cuffs at Laesy's feet. She didn't flinch, staring at Toro. Nobody tells her what to do. "Okay, I see. Well, if this old lady isn't enough for you to do that. Then what about the weird child." He grabbed Peli, putting her into a hold, while he aimed his blaster at the child who had awoken and was standing on the ramp of the ship.

"No!" Laesy involuntarily blurted out, reaching out for the child. "I'll put them on...just don't hurt him. Please." She reached down, grabbing the cuffs and put them on. They clicked in, and Toro slowly started to move with Peli towards her. Laesy looked again at the child, who was waddling towards her.

"Stay there." She tried to warn the child but to no avail. Toro pushed Peli up the ramp towards the inside of the ship and scooped up the child before he could make his way to Laesy. He cried out and was making grabbing gestures towards Laesy. The mercenary started to lunge towards the man holding the baby but restrained herself in fear he might do something else.

"Get in the ship" He barked.

Laesy did as she was bid and entered the Razor Crest.

___

The rest of the day was spent in silence and was the longest day Laesy had ever experienced. They had been waiting for Mando to get back, which could be hours, days, or maybe even weeks. She was sitting in the Razor Crest with the child on her lap and Peli was across from her, cuffed to the side of the ship. In between them sat Toro, anxiously tapping his foot. His excitement and anxiety of taking down the most wanted person in the guild right now was flooding over him. A sound blared from outside of the ship, as Peli's droids ran away in terror from a man who had entered the hanger. "Move." Toro grabbed the child, then motioned for Laesy to start walking to the top of the ramp of the Crest.

"Took you long enough, Mando." Toro said, he had Laesy at gunpoint and was holding the child with his other hand. The Mandalorian was at the bottom of the ramp, holding his blaster out at Toro, fury in his eyes. "Looks like I'm calling the shots now, huh partner? Drop your blaster and raise em." Mando dropped his blaster to the floor, then slowly raised his hands up to his head. Giving the death stare to Toro. He never looked at Laesy, for if he did he might do something he would regret, something that could endanger everyone. Toro then hit Laesy in the back with his blaster, Mando's footing faltered and he took a half step forward. "Cuff him"

Laesy slowly walked up to the Mandalorian, looking him directly in his visor trying to find something to help her, but nothing. He didn't move. Laesy stopped in front of him for a second and before getting behind him. She noticed his satchel was there, and on the side was an unused flare. She tried to suppress a smirk.