Chapter 3: Hunters

Please v☆te for my story. Now onto the story!!!!

Io Silas POV
My plan for the mean time is to cast a spell that would make the snow golem invisible and hide its precense. But this won't make its body actually disappear so it is still physically here as my spell won't wake it vanish. So there is still a chance to be found out.
(Hope that makes sense)

I heard murmurs in the distant. This plan isn't flawless but it is the best I could think if with my current situation. I hastily cast the spell.

Perfect timing as by the time I finished the spell black silhouettes could just be seen through the heavy snow. I told Leo to stay hidden just in case anything happend.

I could easily beat the hunters with my immense strength but I don't want to resort to violence. The all creeped into the cave, wary of their surroundings. Glances darted about rather than focusing on anything in particular. Many pursed their lips while others chewed on their lips nervously. All that could be heard was the howling wind outside.

I just sat on a rock casually while pondering what their next move was. They had their weapons out, ready for what they believe is an incoming battle.

But they had soon noticed that the snow golem was no where in sight. They cocked their head in my direction. I walked out if the dark that I had hidden in. My black robe gently swayed from the occasional gust of wind that pass through the cave. My dark glossy hair also fluttered with the wind.

My identity was hidden with the use of a robe and mask. A member of the hunter group strides forward, "What buisness do you have here jackass. You better not have come here to steal our prey. If ya did your gonna regret it."

He muscular male cracked his knuckles, it seems he is trying to look intimidating. Acting all tough and strong. If I saif I did beat the golem this wouldn't go down peacefully.

Even if they did leave it would only be temporarily. I need a permanent solution so they won't bother the snow golem anymore.

I was deep in thought trying to come up with a plan that would succeed with minor problems. My eyebrows were knitted and I had a tight-lipped smile.

I could sense someone was about to punch me so I grab their wrist just before it makes contact with me. I glare at them, they shiver in fear. I just wanted to relax in this trip and not deal with such meddlesome problems. But I need to sort the matters beforehand if I want to.

I pinch my eyebrows, I turn to them. "I have killed the golem. Unfortunately you have come to late." I could tell they were extremely pissed, well they do think I took something extremely valuable.

I did come up with a plan. That was too scare them away and then I would be able to create an illusion. One that would hide this cave so no one could ever find it unless they were very skilled at magic.

I then see a smirk across their face. The middle aged man parades up to me. He had his a sword hung over his shoulder.

His accomplices which was the group that stood behind him also started approaching me. There was about a total of 25 people in their group.

The man who had a sword over his shoulder threatens me. If I didn't comply to give them the gem of the golem they would kill me. I obviously did not give it to them. They snorted at my response

They held their head high and had a Cheshire cat grin plastered on their face. The person who towered over me looked as if I was a mere peasant in his eyes.

He looked at his gang behind him ordering them to beat me up until I was unconscious. The members of his party were grinning and had flashing eyes. You could see the evil intent they had just by glancing at them.

One of the said while lucking their lips, "Were going to have some fun messing you up." They began unbuckling their pants. My eyes narrowed, I wonder do they do this to other innocent people. I heard an angry growl from Leo who was still safely tucked in my cloak.

I stroke it softly to calm it's nerves. He can be a little protective over me, I don't really need protection but is a nice feeling and reassurance to have someone who cares for you.

They began approaching me, lust evident in their eyes. Some dived at me to pin me down but I dodge it with ease. I decide to finish this up quickly. I instantly freeze them. Their leader seemed to have managed to escape the attack.

I summon a vine to wrap around him. He slashed it with his large sword, the vine just regrows and tightly wraps around him. Until he is unable to move at all. I was slightly surprised he was able to escape yet again by using his brute strength.

The middle aged man was grinding his teeth agressively, veins were pulsing from his forehead and his bulging eyes were glaring at me. He on prattled on, about how he was going to kill me and such. I waited patiently until he was finished.

He charged at me recklessly, I teleport behind him and smack his neck causing him to stagger forward. Beads of sweat ran down his tan skin. His breath was shaky, he continued to look arrogant and prideful. After a dew more attacks he ran away leaving his companions behind.

I unfroze them and told them to never come back here. They ran away frightened and ran like their life depended on it.

I pinch my eyebrows relieved that issue was finally handled. I now had to cast an illusion spell, should be easy enough. The golem came out of its hiding spot and thanked me multiple times.

I smile warmly, "It's not problem, remember to be careful. Don't let others find out you love here. I casted an illusion spell so you should be safe for the time being."

The snow golem nods, satisfied with the answer I decide to depart
Suddenly it asks "Since you know the spirit language would you perhaps be the prophet the spirit king tells us about." I nod, I should visit that old man sometime. The golem was about to say something but I was gone by then.

I soon traveled back down to the village on the hazel nut horse. I pet it before I put it in the stable. It rub its head affectionately on my chest. I chuckle softly and put it i to the stable.

I go and tell the village chief that I finished the task assigned to me. Once I had told him his eyebrows raised in surprise. We sat down again for another cup of tea.

"I will be leaving soon. I shall depart tomorrow morning." I take a sip of my steaming hot tea. "You should stay for longer. You haven't been here long." The old man begins eating some pastries.

"I thank you for your hospitality. But I must continue on my journey." I get up from the seat to go book a room. "Well I can't make you stay. I wish you a safe trip. The least I can do is have you some supplies for they long journey. You can also take a horse with you." I thank the old man and leave his humble home.

I book a room for the night and lay on my bed after I bathed. I decide to plan where I was going next. Leo was sleeping soundly on my nap. Must be tired from the long ride today. I stroke his soft fur, he purs happily in his sleep.

I also decide to sleep earlier then I usually do. I plan to head to the capital city of the kingdom I am currently in. Once my head hits the pillow I doze off into sleep.