Chapter 6: Catching up

Io Silas POV

I stared at the taller male with fond eyes as I smile graced my lips.

"You've surely have grown Yuki." I could feel a gentle smile creep on my face.

I could see Yuki's head whip towards my face. He refused to look away, even as his lips trembled and his shoulders heaved with emotion, unwilling to back down.

His dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears; his hands clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the grief, relief and happiness.

A lone tear traced down his cheek from his warm chestnut eyes. It was followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed its way down his pale cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that had been held inside of him for all this time but still he did not make a sound.

He eyes darted away in embarrassment, but he still stood firmly in front of me.

"I wasn't one to see you as a cry-baby." I chuckle softly at the sight of my weeping disciple. I didn't know I had such an effect on him. He always seems so composed, but he is still a child in his heart. Well in my eyes.

"Is it really you master?"

"What else would I be, King bananas. Of course, it's me silly. Now aren't you going to give me a hug after all this time." I open my arms wide as my eyes make crescent moons.

Yuki takes a steady step towards me. Suddenly my defences are just paper, paper that is being soaked by the rapidly falling briny drops. Before I can draw in the air my body needs I have melted into his form. I can feel his firm torso and the heart that beats within.

His hands are folded around my back, drawing me in closer, trembling slightly. I can feel his body shake, crying for the missed time we will never make back, crying to release the tension of these three long years.

He pulls his head back and wipes the tears that ran down his face. I just hug him tightly. Whispering in his ears,

"I'm back."

"Don't go, not again." He croaks out between quiet sobs.

A soft smile paints onto my face as I nod once before folding him in my again. We stay like this what seems like forever before splitting. Yuki coughs embarrassed about his state which causes me to chuckle.

"We have much catching up to do."

"Yes we do, after you left me, I mean us for so long." He seems to be quite salty thus blaming me. I laugh heartily.

"Yes, yes. It is my fault. But you know I had to leave to heal the injuries I sustained with the fight with the demon king. Plus I needed a break from you pesky yet loveable disciples. Oh how I want to yearn to squish your one chubby squishy cheeks." I began to mimic squeezing cheeks which caused my disciple to chuckle.

"Master I thought you would mature over these years."

"You want me too look like an old man you unfilial child. What did I say about calling me your master? I am simply your teacher."

With that the two of us began reminiscing and talking about what had happened over the past years. There was nothing much for me to tell other then resting alone with Leo in isolation. Well there was the golem but that was for another time.

"You promoted into a grand guild master. I am so proud of you." I could feel my heart swell in proud and happiness over the success of my diciple. I pat his soft head of silver locks.

"I am no longer a child master. Anyways it seems you have been well. What do you plan to do from now on?"

"I have decided to visit the rest of my disciples while going sight seeing and visiting places. I am curious how this world has changed from these disciples of mine." I saw Yuki's fist clech tightly, to the point it seems blood could spill out. I gently place a hand on his clenched fist. He releases some tension before grabbing my shoulders.

"Must you leave master. I won't tell the others of your return. Why must you go again when you only came back." Yuki slumped and sank into t6he couch he was sitting on.

"Now child that would be unfair for the others. You are also my first disciple I have visited. Does that seem fair. It's not the last time we will meet. But this is the decision I have made."

"Can I come with you at least." I shake my head in disapproval.

"You can't abandon your duties for personal feelings. Many people depend on you. As much as it would make me happy to have a companion you must think of the consequences.

"Please master. I can entrust the duty to my trustworthy secretary. It will only be for a little while."

After much begging and whining I finally gave in. This is no way for a grand guild master should act. I sigh as I pinch my temples. Well there is no space for disagreement, after all once he has his mind set on something, he won't let it go. It's not like a mind either if he tags along.

"Well I suppose you need to make some arrangements. I shall take my leave today. I need to head back to the inn and take care of some things. I shall see you tomorrow."

"Would you like me to accompany you master?"

"No need, you are quite busy I need to take care of something personal. Until later." With that I took my leave. It was dark outside. The night is the thing that shall always remain the same no matter where you are or how long has passed. I can't believe it's already been so long, time sure pass in a blink of an eye.

As night fell the blue haze of day lifted to reveal the stars. Stars light the sky like snow-flakes in the night, yet appear still, like an old photograph. I smile, feeling the wind blow my hair into a tousled mane. Stars shone as sugar spilt over black marble, glistening in the sun.

The night sky was such a welcome sight. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. It was a vastness to bring humbleness and an eternal space to bring gratitude for the coziness of home. No matter the years that passed, I saw each night sky as a fresh gift given anew.

I decided to take a quick detour into the forest and used magic sense to make sure there wasn't anyone nearby. I began to mutter a spell beneath my breath.

"Angelic Flight" A pair of white angel wings sprouted from my back. I could have used the other flight spell but this one is more fun to cast. Plus it consumes more mana to use the other spell. I spread the wings wide open as I took flight. I slowly ascended from the ground.

The wind rushed through my hair and into my eyes, Suddenly, I shivered, and panicked. I thought I was going blind, because all I could see was white. I emerged, and could see the beautiful blue sky again.

Looking behind me, I laughed, realizing I had flown through a cloud. I looked down at my arms. The clear droplets of water sparkled like tiny crystals on my skin. The cold wind battled the warm sun to dry me first.

What I could only once dream in from my old Japanese life was now possible. But I do miss my family, I have already excepted for a long time I would never be able to come back. After all this was my destiny. This world, I have never truly been able to enjoy what it has to offer. I was suddenly thrown into this world and made to battle and teach. I guess this is my retirement or is it. To be honest I don't know.

I fly above the clouds and just look up into the vast sky.

"I ought to head back down. I suggest you leave." I glance behind me where a fleeing figure could be seen. I should be more careful next time. The amount of mana that person possessed was nothing to laugh about. Well since they are gone there is no use in worrying about it. But I have a bad feeling about it.

(The grand guild master is basically the boss to all the other guilds in the kingdom. So Yuki is the grand guild master of Ziya where Io is in currently, he is in the capital city named 'Aquarin'. The grand guild master has a strong trading connection and has a high status although they are not a Nobel higher ups including the king dare not act rude to Yuki as he would be able to cut off important connections with other kingdoms which is necessary for things such as trades.)