Chapter 4: The city of Aquarin

Please v☆te for my story. Get some snacks, now let's get a roll on!

Io Silas POV
My eyes flutter open, I was greeted by the morning sun. The curtains swayed slowly letting some if the fresh cool wind into the the hut.

The artistic golden sun peeked over the horizon got up painting the dark black sky into a bright blue sky. The bright looking milky clouds got up from sleep and started drifting aling the morning sky visiting the wonderful environment. Flocks of bird soared across the sky.

I had breakfast which contained of lukewarm soup and crispy bread along with a glass of cold refreshing milk.

I packed all the necessities I need for my journey to the city of Aquarin. It has been a long time since I visited that place.

This city specialises in their black smithing. Many adventurers come here annually to just get a weapon. If your lucky enough you can get a extremely rare weapon for a cheap price. This is because there are market shops that sell various weapons that they found in some ruins.

I hop onto the large chesnut coloured horse and start head to the main capital. With a kick in the horses rear it starts galloping along the rocky dirt road. My silky smooth hair is blowing violently in the wind due to the the speed of the horse. The radiant sun shone upon all of the land. Highlighting the brilliance and beauty if it.

Big buzzing bumble bees swarmed up in the air in search for sweet honey. The huge trees swung in the wind greeting good morning. Crisp leaves scattered the lush green grass.

Butterflies fluttered the colourful wings, danceing all around the environment looking for sweet nectar.

The flower's fragrance filled the whole environment making the morning pleasant.

Bushy thorny crispy bushes scattered across the deserted land. A stream flowed nearby, it shimmered in the sun and was as clear as the baby blue sky.

It truly was a sight to behold. Leo purred happily at the feeling of the violent wind brushing against his smooth fluffy fur. He looked like a giant fur ball after the ride. I decided to stop for a lunch break. I couldn't help but laugh out loud, Leo pouted cutely. I ran my finger tips through his light coloured fur then went to go prepare lunch.

The fragrant smell of juicy meat filled the air. The arouma was heavenly and mouth watering. Leo eagerly waited for his meal, his tail swaying quickly from the excitement.

I placed the plate of food in front of him, he immediately begun gobbling down his meal. It's as if he hasn't eaten in days. I also begin eating my meal but at a much slower pace, i enjoy the scenery around me.

We soon head back onto the dirt track to continue our journey. I could see the humangous city gate in the distance. We are approaching our destination.

When we approach the city gate we had to put our hand on an orb that would reveal our identity. I manage to hide my true identity and use a fake one.

I get in safely, I decide to put the horse in a rented stable. I walk the bustling and loud street. Shops were scattered everywhere along the dirt made streets.

Various types of shops could be found with ease. Some sold clothes while others sold food. Many sat on the floor with only a bamboo mat beneath them in a make shift tent. They screamed prices, trying to attract attention to passerbys. They were sweaty from the scorching sun that was high in the sky. Pesky flies buzzed around the large market place.

Shoppers weaved their way through the crowded streets while trying to protect their good. Thieves were common in places such as these. They could quickly steal and get away by mixing with the crowd.

An old lady fell on the floor and all her groceries fell across the floor. Many scrambled to take her items. I picked up some of it and returned it to her. I helped her up, she thanks me and invites me for tea.

I was about to decline but she insisted I would. I didn't have the heart to decline and accept. Her home was a shabby wooden hut that looked like it could collapse at any minute but it did have a homey and welcoming vibe.

I small kid dressed in rags runs up to the woman. He was covered in dirt but looked happy. The small boy turns to me and hugs me. The elder told him to not touch me as he would dirty my clothes. But I really didn't minds. This boy reminds me of how I met some of my disciples. Many of them lived on the street and were extremely poor like him.

I pick him up, he giggles in delight. The old woman apologises profusely. I smile and tell her it was alright. I put him down and let him play with Leo.

I sit down on a wooden chair, she gives me a glass of boiling hot tea. I blow on it gently before sipping it. It had a nice calming arouma.

The elder woman pinched her temples. I place a hand on her shoulder reassuring everything would be alright.

"I know sometimes children can be stressful to take care of. I say this from experience." She looks at me with wide eyes with the white showing. "You look quite young to have children." I chuckle softly. "You can't judge someone by their age. I may not look like it but I have dealt with more children then you think. I must say their can be annoying and michevious but it is a delight to see them happy.'

She nods her head, we begin talking about various things. Soon it was getting dark. I decide to leave but not without giving her something.

"I can't accept this, after all you have done for me already!" As I was about to exit I say "It's not a problem. I feel bad for what happend in the market, just promise me to raise that boy well." I smile and wink at her before leaving.

I walk onto the dead quiet street, only the rustling of leaves could be heard. The sky was covered in a sea of black. White specs scattered across the sky. The shimmering moon was a wraith-silver disc hanging in the lonely sky. Its radiant solver light shone down upon the peaceful town. The slight chilly breeze was calming to ones heart.

I amble on the deserted street, each step I took was silence as to not disturb the peace. I settle down on a nearby branch. Me and Leo look up at the bright night sky. A shooting star could be seen. I whisper to Leo to make a wish. I too make a wish.

We sit in silence, enjoying the company of each other. The moon reminds me of a story I had once told my disciple. It was a love story of the sun and the moon.

The moon and sun were in love with each other but could never be together. They were opposites. When the sun was out the moon would be gone. They were never to meet. This was their fate. It was a forbidden love, a love that would never bloom.

Although they could never end up together they could show their love by making the world that connects them together beautiful to show there devotion for one another.

The sun radiates warmth and is energetic while the moon is calming and relaxing. It was like light and darkness. Although it was a complicated love they were happy. They say that a sunset and dawn is the child of the two.

This was a bitter sweet story. But I am quite fond the story. Now that I think about it the one I told this story to is currently residing in this city. I'll visit them soon. I close my eyes enjoying the cool air and peace. Forgetting all else that was around me.