Planet of the Apes

I was trapped. I had been imprisoned here for what feel like weeks but had only been a few days I would imagine. For what? I did not know at first. I did not know who had captured me until I awoke this morning. I assumed it was mad men but oh how wrong I was. I got up from my quarters and as I awoke I looked past the bars and saw them and was in utter disbelief. Two guards dressed in military uniforms but the biggest shock of all was that they were not human..they were apes. 

Apes. That’s what they were as sure as day. I couldn’t speak for I was in awe and did not know what to think. Perhaps I was dreaming, yeah that’s it I’m dreaming. Cause after all Apes don’t dress in clothes and act like humans..do they? Where am I? As I kept thinking, my cell door opened and the two guards attached a long chain to my restraints and dragged me out of there and out into the public. As they took the chain off one grabbed my arm, “Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!” 

“He spoke! But human’s can’t speak.” “Of course I can speak, all human’s speak. Who do you think taught your ancestors how to speak? Where do you think you came from? Us! Humans!” That’s when one of the apes slapped me and punched me in the gut. I had spoken not only out of turn but I spoke..period! All the apes talked amongst themselves questioning my words. Sure I was a human, a nobody to them but something tells me my words were getting to them. “Not only is he ugly but he has quite a mouth on him.”

‘Later that night I plotted my escape. The apes had made a public mockery out of me and I wasn’t going to have any more of it. I was going to get back home one way or the other. During my time I made friends with a fellow human, a female. I had to use sign language because apparently she could not speak(so much for proving the apes wrong). Two apes were nice and befriended me helping me escape. They broke me out of the cell and freed the girl as well. I’m going home, Earth here I come.

“The two friendly apes snuck me and the girl out of the facility. When we got out the sun was shining brightly, that was a good sign. We ran and we ran until we got to a small passing followed by a beach. I said my goodbyes to the two apes thanking them for being so kind and for all their help. The girl and I got onto the shore and started to make a run for it. I stopped and fell to my knees seeing the lady liberty. “You blew it up, goddamn you, goddamn you all to hell”