Escape

The earth exploded, killing all who inhabited it both ape and human alike. However, a small ship had gotten away and was flying it’s way in space. It was the repaired ship of the original astronaut who first arrived on the ape planet. After a long journey the ship finally landed. Out of it emerged two apes, the ones who first helped the astronaut escape. From a quick glance of the surroundings the planet they landed on was Earth but a different time. Soon they were surrounded by beings, human beings. It would seem they have traveled back in time.

People were shocked by their appearance. Gasps and whispers soon were heard all around the area. Authorities took the two apes and captured them, placing them into a nearby zoo. They were observed by two doctors. It is worth noting that a third ape was with them but killed by a then normal gorilla. The apes decide not to let the human’s know they can talk, at least not yet. They run tests with the apes and after a while one becomes fed up and speaks. So much for that, the apes now had a lot of explaining to do.

The apes are in front of a jury where the doctors explain that they can speak. People soon begin to laugh stating that it’s impossible for apes to talk. Then one speaks and then the other. Soon commotion irrupts in the court until order is restored. The apes then begin to explain where they came from which is Earth’s future. They talk of all they know and what will become of humans and the Earth itself. When asked who is responsible for the Earth’s demise the apes with unfortunate news to the people reveal that humans are to blame.

The were the Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton of Apes. They had become celebrities, media’s newest craze. From social outcasts to socialites. They no longer were kept in the zoo as prisoner’s but in a hotel as honorary guests. People flocked to see them and they were presented with many gifts and given luxurious treatment. Sure an ape in a $400 fur coat and $100 gold watch seems silly but that didn’t matter, they deserved it. However, the glamourous life reached a halt. A head advisor panicked for the human race when he finds out the female ape is pregnant.

The apes are subjected to tons of tests as the advisor along with others want to know how apes will outweigh humans. The male ape reveals again that humans will be responsible for their own decline by treating apes harshly and soon a war will break out. In fear of their own future, the humans try to prevent the birth of the baby ape. When the baby is born the once celebrity apes become outlaws on the run. At a circus they meet with a man with an ape. Captured and killed are the two apes but the baby lives on.