Chapter II

Harry proceeded through deserted corridors , wondering why dumbledore had called him out at this odd hour he fastened his pace , though he had to step hastily behind a statue when professor Trelawney appeared round a corner ,

Muttering to herself as she shuffled a pack of dirty-looking playing cards , reading them as she walked.

' Two of spades : conflict ,' she murmured , as she passed the place where Harry crouched , hidden. ' Seven of spades : an ill omen. Ten of spades : violence . Knave of spades : a god , angry with magic....... --'

She stopped dead , right on the other side of Harry's statue .
' Well , that can't be right ,' she said , annoyed , and Harry heard her reshuffling vigorously as she set off again ,

Leaving nothing but whiff of cooking sherry behind her. Harry waited until he was quite sure she had gone , then hurried off again until he reached the spot in the seventh floor corridor where a single gargoyle stood against a wall

' Acid pops ,' said harry . The gargoyle leapt aside ; the wall behind it slid apart , and a moving spiral stone staircase was revealed ,

on to which harry stepped , so that he was carried in smooth circles up to the door with the brass knocker that led to Dumbledore's office .

Harry knocked.

' Come in ', said Dumbledore's voice .

' Good evening sir ' said harry , walking into the head Master's office

'Ah good evening , Harry . Sit down ' said Dumbledore , smiling , 'I hope you've had an enjoyable first week back at school? '

' Yes thanks , sir,' said Harry

' you must have been busy , a detention under your belt already! '

' Er...' began Harry awkwardly , but Dumbledore did not look too stern.

'I have arranged with professor Snape that you will do your detention next Saturday instead'

' Right' , said Harry , who had more pressing matters on his mind than Snape's detention , and now looked around surreptitiously for some indication of what Dumbledore was planning to do with him that evening.

The circular office looked just as it always did : the delicate silver instruments stood on spindle-legged tables , puffing smoke and whirring ; portraits of previous headmasters and headmistresses dozed in their frames .

And Dumbledore's magnificent phoenix , Fawkes , stood on his perch behind the door , watching harry with bright interest. It did not even look as though Dumbledore had cleared a space for duelling practice.

' So Harry ,' said Dumbledore , in a businesslike voice .' you have been wondering , I am sure , why I had called you today during these - for want of a better word - Revelation?'

' Sir?'

' you see Harry , from my extensive further research on tom riddle senior , I have now acquired a rather disturbing truth' said dumbledore

' and that is , sir? '

' That he had a second child , he had a daughter , she was lord voldemorts sister , he hadn't known about her , seeing as she fled Britain by the time she was eighteen.'

' So , sir you mean to say voldemort had a sister he didn't even know about ?'

' Precisely harry , precisely. It also , happens to be a coincidence that she was a witch , a mudblood so to say who had access to magic '

' So she had children when she left Britain?'

' Yes , Harry she did. Now even though she has long since died , she does have a grandson who is alive. Distantly related to lord voldemort himself '