Chapter 1

Miku Hatsune is a princess who lives in the kingdom of Canta. She had long beautiful teal hair and had this sweet personality. She always dreamed to be free from all royal stuff and and all those torturous training of becoming queen someday. She wanted to make some friends out of the castle and wants to feel what is it like to be out for once.

"Your highness, King Hatsune would like to have a word with you," one of the royal guards said. Miku sighed and just followed their orders. "Alright what is it this time?" She asked, knowing that they couldn't answer that question. She walked out of the balcony and followed the royal guard.

As they arrived the throne room, the royal guard bowed then left the room. Miku looked around the room and noticed someone who she had never met. He had long purple hair and a black and silver clothing. He noticed Miku and smiled. Miku was confused at this point and looked at her parents, who are sitting on their throne, for answers. Her parents looked at each other and stood up. They went down to explain to their daughter.

"Mom, dad? What's going on and who's that?" Miku asked getting more confused than ever. Her parents sighed and started talking. "Miku, I would like you to meet Gakupo Kamui, a resident of Canta," her father said and gestured Gakupo to come. Gakupo bowed and kneeled down in front of Miku to kiss her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you your highness," he said as he stood up again. Now Miku was even more confused and looked at her parents with confusion. Her mom began to  explain. "Well...you see here dear, we think that it is time for you to understand on how arranged marriage works." "Wa-wait what? Arragned marriage? Now?!" Miku is now regretting this and want go to her room and cry. But unfortunately, she can't do that...yet.

"Please you have to understand. That's how it works in here in order to to be heir and take the throne." Her mother continued. Miku is at lost of words and tried her best to stay calm which was obviously not working. "I-I...I can't!" And with that, she ran to her room with out thinking.

"Your majesty? Breakfast is here." Miku's loyal servant, Luka Megurine, said, trying not to make her more upset than she already is. Miku sighed and sit up on her bed. "Come in."

Luka came into her room with a tray of food in her hands. She gently closed the door behind her. It's been two days since the incident happened. Miku locks herself in her room, not wanting to have a conversation to anyone. Luka sighed on the sight she was seeing. It hurts to see Miku all depressed like that. She misses Miku's bubbly and sweet personality. She puts the tray of food on Miku's table. Miku got up from her bed and walked to her table. She started playing with her food until some of her food spilled.

'This is not good.' Luka thought as she went to find something to clean her mess. When she got back, she saw Miku folding her arms and lay her head on them, not touching her food. Luka sighed to herself and walk up to her to clean the mess she made. "Your majesty, you know it's been two days and you haven't even left the room. Your parents are worried sick about you." "No they're not. They only care about their jobs as rulers. And as heir to the throne, I have to marry someone I don't know which I'm entirely against it."

Miku said, still frustrated about the arranged marriage thing. Suddenly, Luka remembered something and also another reason on why she was there aside from serving Miku's food. "Oh, I forgot to tell you something." "And what would that be?" Miku asked, curious on the subject. "Well, remember that family reunion that you are going to have later evening. Your mother asked if you are done with your speech that you have been working on."

Miku froze. She had totally forgot about that speech after what happened two days ago. And right now, she is speechless. "Miku...Miku?" Luka waved her hand in front of Miku's face. "Miku?" "I...might have accidentally forgot about that speech."

Miku stood there speechless. She never imagined their ballroom to be packed up with people. It's really rare for them to have a family reunion like this. They usually have it at other places, explains why they rarely use the ballroom. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Some are even chatting, dancing, eating, while others are just chilling at the background. The servants are running around, serving food and drinks.

Everyone was pretty much having fun while Miku is just standing there doing nothing. She is also quite nervous about her speech later. Luckily, she finished just in time. She went around to look for her parents until she bumped into someone. "Oww. Oh sorry, I didn't see you ther-Miku?" Miku looked up to see one and only Kaito Shion, Miku's closest cousin. "Kaito It's been a while!" She exclaimed as she hugged him. "Wow, you haven't changed one bit." He said, pulling out of the hug. "Hehe, same with you." Miku laughed, pointing to the book that Kaito is holding. "Hey, it's not my fault that I love reading." They both laughed.

To be Continued...