Chapter 2

Kaito Shion is the prince of Rella. He had blue hair, good-looking, usually calm at first glance but once you get to know him, he is pretty energetic. He loves to read books, especially about those unique creatures and magical stuff that are existing in their world. He always wanted to travel and take a closer look of those creatures for himself but unfortunately, his family doesn't listen and tells him that it is to dangerous to be out there.

So, he rarely goes outside and just thought of it as a dream that would never happen. And also, he loves ice cream.

"How come you can finish that ice cream in at least ten seconds?" Miku asked, curious on why he eats ice cream so fast. "Lets just say I wanted to taste all flavors before they run out." He replied as he stood up, ready to have seconds. "But, can't you just mix them with different flavors? I do that all the time." Miku said. There was a moment of silence before he broke it.

"OH MY GOSH YOU'RE A GENIUS!" And with that being said, he ran getting more of his ice cream. Miku laughed at the sight and started spacing off. Her eyes wandered around the room until it landed on Kaito's book. Curious, she read the title and it said How Were Spirits Discovered. Now Miku was even more curious as she turned the page over and started reading it.

A Spirit is one of the most rarest yet strongest creatures out there. They are actually souls from the dead people that have died in a specific tree called 'Everest', an immortal tree that has been around for millions of years. If a person dies on that tree, there bodies will disappear then reappear the next day. Not only that but when they reappear, they will be forgotten by their loved ones and will have special abilities that no one could ever have. They will also gain some immortality of the tree that has given them. But, there is one way in order to destroy that tree though, and that was blood.

This was proven true ever since two young boys both found dead from murder underneath that same tree. No one knew what happened to the tree or how it was destroyed but one of the scientists found some blood staining on the tree's roots, so they decided on testing it. But on that next day after the incident, the dead bodies that they took in were no where to be found. They thought they could test on them, so that's the reason why they took them in the first place. They decided to leave it be and left the place just like that.

Years later, a village was destroyed and the day after that, a whole forest, then a mountain, and then a kingdom. No one new how or what was the cause but some glitches were found on some parts that was destroyed. Some even bended into weird shapes such as some bricks from shelters were shaped into spheres and rocks are shaped into cubes.

The next place was a lab. Most scientists are found dead and some are still alive but some of their body parts were glitching. It is said that they were the same scientists that was testing the tree and the-

"The dead bodies..." "Um...Miku?" "WHAT?!" Miku slammed the book closed. She was too focused that she didn't even realized Kaito talking to her. "Um...uh-I wasn't reading your book...hehe." "Right...anyway I just happened to pass by by your parents and they told me that they were looking for you." Kaito said, eating some of his ice cream. 'Oh right, the speech.' "Oh okay, I have to go, see you later." She waved at him and left. "Actually, I'm supposed to be going back to my kingdom right after-...nevermind she already left." Kaito said, almost done with his ice cream. After he was done, he left bringing his book with him. But something was wrong. Something is definitely wrong.

Miku felt nervous. Absolutely nervous. She expected to nervous but not this much. She kept pacing around while waiting for the announcements to finish. Once it was done, the announcer called Miku on stage. 'Ok, here I go.' Everyone clapped once Miku was on stage. She took a deep breath and started speaking. "I would like to thank you all for attending this reunion. It is really a pleasure to meet you people once again. I am sure that you are all enjoying yourselves this evening and I am actually enjoying myself as well." Everyone cheered for her. She cleared her throat for her to continue.

"This upcoming year, my parents are planning on retiring from ruling our kingdom, so from now on, I will be taking the throne and will be in charge of ruling the kingdom for now. I really appreciate this task and I will hope to do my best on taking in charge. Thank you all for participating. And I would like to also welcome my parents on stage please." Everyone clapped once again and waited for Miku's parents to be on stage. They were not there. 'Hmm...mabye they didn't hear me?' She repeated again.

"Um, I would like to welcome my parents on stage please." They're still not there. 'Strange...where are they? What's taking them so long?'

All of a sudden, we heard a loud crash. Everyone else was startled including Miku. One of their royal guards came bursting into the room. "What was that?" She asked the royal guard. The guard panted and began explaining. "Your highness, this is an emergency. We need everyone to evacuate now!" "What, why?" "No time to explain, the kingdom is in danger, your parents are in danger!" "What?!" Miku was shocked. She couldn't imagine what was happening right now. "Alright. Everyone! Evacuate this castle immediately! And you, tell the other guards to help guide these people outside the castle."

Everyone started to evacuate as Miku ran down from the stage. "B-but your highness, what about you?" "I'm going there to save my parents." "Wh-what?! You can't! It's too dangerous!" But it's too late, Miku left to save her parents.

But the thing is, she has no idea what she is dealing with.

To be Continued...