Chapter 2

"A constellation of tears on your lashes burn everything you love then burn the ashes in the end everything collides my childhood spat back the monster that you see my songs know what you did in the dark"  

-My song know what you did in the dark: Fall Out Boy

December 2007

12 years old

It's been 6 almost 7 years since I ran away from home and I haven't spoken or contacted my uncle at all. It doesn't help at all that my father hasn't even claimed me yet and I've been using Luke's bunk in my time at camp half blood since he ran away from camp. He tried to convince me to go with him and he says he's doing it for people like me, who's parents don't care about them enough to even claim them. In my time in the Hermes cabin I've seen kids come and go, but not me. Now the obvious choice to be head counselor after Luke left would be me because I've been here the longest but I'm not a child of Hermes, so that doesn't work out. Last summer when Me, Clarisse, Grover, Annabeth, and Percy went to find the Golden Fleece we came back with it and it healed a little more than just Thalia's tree. It brought her back as well! Since then I've been going to school with Annabeth and Thalia outside of camp in the real world. Right now Thalia, Annabeth, Percy, and I were riding in Percy's mom, Ms Jackson's car.

"Riley are you ok?" Thalia asked next to me. Ever since Thalia's back I've been sneaking into the Zeus cabin to sleep next to Thalia like old times we were and still are very close.

"Yeah I'm fine...just thinking" I said sadly.

Thalia gives me a sympathetic look. She feels bad knowing I had to basically grow up in the stupid Hermes cabin because my stupid dad won't claim his daughter as his own.

But I had Luke, and he would protect me and he was always there for me. He's like my big brother, he's family. It's hard for me to even think that he would betray us... but yet again every single day that goes by without Luke there to comfort me through my tears....the more and more I want to just open the car door right now and find Luke and join him.

But I can't do that because I have people depending on me.

We pulled up to the school and there was a crooked sight that said "Westover Hall".

"Do you guys have everything you need?" Ms Jackson asked.

"Mom we have everything we're gonna be fine. Bye. Love you" Percy said to his mom.

"Your moms really nice" Thalia said, "Yeah she seems pretty cool" I replied back wishing my mother was still here.

"Thanks. What about your guy's mom's?" Percy asked. I know he didn't mean any harm but that struck a whole in my heart. I just looked down and followed Annabeth inside and soon Percy and Thalia followed.

We were walking when two figures came walking one female and one male.

"There are no visitors allowed at this dance. Leave now." The lady asked. That's when Thalia worked with the most she snapped her fingers and said.

"We are students here I'm Thalia and this is Percy, Annabeth, and Riley we are in the eighth grade and Riley's is the seventh" Thalia finished.

"You guys made it!" Grover cake running from what I assumed to be the gym.

"What do you mean Underwood? These students do here" The creepy teacher lady said.

"I mean uh I was excited because they made the punch?" Grover said and I mentally face palmed.

"Very well then get to the dance you five" she said sternly.

"So what did you need us for that was so urgent?" Annabeth asked.

"There's two halfbloods. Brother and sister, the sisters twelve and the brothers ten, they give off a very powerful aura like you three" Grover said pointing at me, Thalia, and Percy. That's the thing with me my "aura" is apparently really powerful as much as Percy and Thalia which leads me to the conclusion that either I'm siblings with Thalia or Percy which is awesome to think about.

"But mainly like you Riley, there aura is mostly like yours" Grover said.

"So your saying that the two demigods in there may or may not be my siblings?" I asked sceptical.

"Uh yeah maybe" Grover said in his usual nervous tone.

"Then let's go meet some half bloods!" Percy said as we entered the gym.

A/n

Ok so I just want to hear your thoughts and how you think the story will unfold so i'm very excited for this story and I have very big plans.

-Reese <3